“Raleigh's Little Hidden Gem”

Frank's Pizza & Italian Restaurant
Ranked #348 of 1,542 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed July 26, 2016

Frank's is great. Has withstood the test of time in its Longview location. Good sandwiches but the pizza and past is great. Baked spaghetti is my go to dish. Great sauce and cheese comes with either a salad or soup along with delicious bread.

Reviewed December 11, 2015

Have been there several times in the past year. The food, well to be honest, would only be better if they delivered it on a silver platter. They only use the freshest of vestables. The dough on a pizza is to kill for. Service is excellent. Usually get food from scratch within 15 minutes.

Reviewed November 10, 2015

Introduced co-workers to Frank's and we are having pizza again in less than a month! I'm from New England and we know our pizza. Sweet crust, dough not too thick and sliced sausage to die for. We get one large pepperoni and one large sausage. This is not NY pizza, it is Italian pizza. There is a difference.

Reviewed November 1, 2015

We went there for dinner early on a Saturday evening. This is a little place in a strip mall in southeast Raleigh where we visited to see our niece in high school play. The reviews were good and they were accurate. The takeout was moderately busy. The dining area was cozy but comfortable. The four of us could talk over the upbeat music. The menu is classic Italian Bistro. Lots of interesting classics and some unusual stuff like "White Italian Pizza." Clearly, Frank takes pride in his menu and apparently closely supervises what the kitchen puts out. Our server was friendly and enthusiastic. She really put out extra effort to take care of us. The food was great; clearly made to order with care. Excellent pizza and standard pasta dishes. Nothing fancy, but every dish well done. There was no wine or beer on the menu, but they have both at reasonable prices. This place would fit well in any small town in Italy, except that the servers were not Italian. We had a delightful meal at a reasonable price. When we visit the area again, we will certainly stop in for dinner.

Reviewed September 10, 2015

If you can get past the ghetto superstars he has working for him, you can get a decent pizza! Just had a very bad experience trying to place an order over the phone with one of his workers (Zukina), yeah, the name says enough. Anyways, after placing me on hold for over 10 minutes, I hung up and called back just to get attitude from her. Upon arriving to pick up the pizza, I expressed my concern to Frank, the owner and he did apologize but didn't even feel I was important enough to make eye contact with me. I will definitely not be going back!

1  Thank Dawn W