“Juliana’s Birthday ”

Courtyard Raleigh Midtown
Ranked #24 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

I’ve stayed at this hotel many times, and this time they outside themselves. I had a reservation for a single and at the last minute my parents decided to join me. I called Marriott and asked if they could change my room to one with double beds. The said they would do their best but wouldn’t guarantee it.
When we got to the front desk Leo was there to greet us. I explained the problem and he worked his magic and we got the room we needed. The room was not ready but Leo said he would call us in 1 hour with the check-in time. We decided to go to lunch and sure enough Leo called us when the room was ready.
Leo made our trip! He’s a great guy and goes above and beyond.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Leshel K, General Manager at Courtyard Raleigh Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Mita1826,

Happy Birthday to Juliana! Thank you for letting us know how Leo assisted in making your weekend a special one. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us for this special occasion. I will be recognizing Leo for his attention to your requests and going above and beyond.

We look forward to having you stay with us in the future. Happy Holidays!!

Leshel Klimczyk

Reviewed 17 November 2017

At the last moment, I travelled to Raleigh to attend a friend's birthday party. I decided to stay close to the activities and the Courtyard Marriott was in the perfect area. I was able to attend all functions over the weekend without having to drive! Room was excellent, staff friendly and professional and I had a balcony with a view of the pool.

Room Tip: Great value and close to many activities for all ages.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Did NOT get the room I requested. Had to sleep on a sofa bed and when we came in from being out in Raleigh late that night, the sofa bed had no sheets or pillows on it. TV had poor reception. About the only thing they got right this visit was they did have me a room on the ground floor which was probably the least important thing they could have done. I am a repeat customer here but I don't think I will be a return customer after this. The manager on duty at the time was rude.

Room Tip: Request a room NON-Streetside.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carlton H
Leshel K, General Manager at Courtyard Raleigh Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Dear Carlton,

Ensuring our guest's satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. I regret the discrepancy in your reservation concerning the room you needed resulted in your frustration and dissatisfaction. We always want to deliver a positive hotel experience during your travels and I am sorry there was a misunderstanding when your reservation was made regarding what type of room you needed. If we had that room type available when you arrived we would have gladly made the necessary changes. I regret that this has caused you to question staying here in the future. I hope you can accept our sincerest apology and know that we never want to disappoint our guests in any way.
In regards to the sofa bed, I understand your thoughts regarding having the sofa beds made up prior to guests arrival. If we know in advance that our guest would like to have the bed made up, and the specific time needed, we are happy to perform this service. Often the guests prefer to have the space to move around the room better, then utilize the sofa bed closer to their bedtime.
We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel teams to ensure we are focusing on improving our communication with the guests. I hope you will choose to stay with us the next time your travels bring you back to Raleigh.

All the best,

Leshel Klimczyk

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here upon our arrival to Raleigh and found this hotel quite easily. We arrived a little bit early and we were allowed to check in and were given a room facing the courtyard. So the hotel itself is a bit dated in places, but the comfort of the bed/bedding and the friendliness for the front desk clerk far outweighed any of that! If you have the option of getting a room that faces the courtyard, then do...it's very nice and having a balcony that opens to the outdoors is always a pleasant surprise! My husband and I both found the bed and the bedding to be super comfortable. The young man at the desk was very friendly and even helped me with my uber app. I highly recommended this hotel if you need to overnight in Raleigh.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2017

I've stayed here twice now, once for business and once for pleasure. This most recent trip was for a wedding and we arrived late on 9/15. A gentleman named Chis checked us in quickly and was very friendly. He told us where to park for easiest access to our room which after a long day of work and then driving to Raleigh was most appreciated. The room was clean, beds were comfortable, and everything was in working order. The location of this hotel is also really convenient. You are close to shops, restaurants, etc - I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2017

I was greeted with a smile by Lisa at the hotel's front desk. Lisa is a new member of the Marriott Family working where you check in. Lisa was (PPC) Professional, Personal and Caring. She did an OUTSTANDING job on checking me in to my room and she gave me clear directions on how to get to my room. Marriott Courtyard Midtown Raleigh is my favorite Hotel in Raleigh.
I am proud to be a Platinum Elite LIFETIME Member

Robert R. Hines

Room Tip: Location, Location and Location
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Even though we were just driving through Raleigh on our way to the OBX we have been staying in a different hotel every night and really enjoyed the clean room, fresh linens and fabulous breakfast. Everything you expect a Marriott to offer. Thanks.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple