Raleigh Marriott Crabtree Valley
  • Pool
US$289
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe concierge loungeraleigh marriottcrabtree valleydirectly across the streethuge mallthe cheesecake factoryplatinum membermain lobbybusiness travelerunder constructionking roomhotel restaurantindoor poolfront desk staffnice stayenjoyed my stayvery nice hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Ive been staying here on business every thine I'm in Raleigh. The Crabtree is one of the older hotels but it isn't tired. The team are a great bunch of helpful staff, the rooms are huge, there is little noise and the bathroom was tidy, smart and had more towels than I can shake a stick at.

Room Tip: Rooms at the far end - 302/303 are far away from the lifts, a tiny walk but very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Stayed one night at this hotel after selecting its location across from Crabtree Mall. Check-in was quick and friendly; given a double room on the 5th floor. This isn't a new hotel, but they've done a great job keeping this hotel up. Room was an average size and had a flat panel television and the comfort bedding you expect. Bathroom was an average size; no complaints. Wireless internet was fast. The most enjoyable part of the hotel was the workout area and swimming pool. They separate the cardio and weight area in 2 all glass rooms. The cardio equipment, treadmills and ellipticals, each had their own televisions. The front desk provided headphones if needed. The swimming pool was large and both indoor and outdoor. The outdoor part was blocked, but the pool was a very comfortable temperature. Whirlpool was also nice and set at a good temperature. Didn't eat here since Cheesecake Factory was right across the street! The lobby had an area with 3 computers connected to a printer which was convenient.

Only warning is the traffic. We were here on a Saturday and it's right across from the mall so we obviously had to deal with a lot of mall traffic. I imagine it's not as bad other times of the week. My recommendation to the hotel is to add signs in the elevator of where things are located. I'm used to directories when things aren't all located on the main floor.

Great stay. Wouldn't hesitate to return!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I needed to be here for business for a night, and the staff made me feel great while I was there. Typical Marriott hotel with all the services I am used to while staying at a hotel. This hotel is a bit older, however it seems they have kept it up.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank travelhound14
Reviewed 20 February 2012

After reading some negative reviews, I was cautious, but just about everything went well. Check in was easy and staff was very friendly. Our room on the sixth floor had a huge bathroom and an amazingly large closet. The king sized bed was very comfortable and all amenities were fine except there was no wastebasket by the desk in the room, only in the bathroom. Breakfast was not included in our price, but we decided to spring for the buffet which was $16 and well worth the price. The only reason I'm not giving it a 5 is that there was a lot of noise in the halls well into the night. There are a lot of weddings and other events here and people were roaming the halls until 3 am. We didn't call the desk because the noise went away after a minute or two each time, but we woke up at least 3 times during the night. The manager comped us one night and we decided we would definitely return.

Room Tip: sixth floor has lounge during weekdays but not weekend
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I could not get a room at the Brownstone, so I took a risk and made an offer on Priceline for a 3.5 star hotel and the Marriott is what I got. I checked some reviews and was nervous as they were not glowing. When I got there, I was pleasantly surprised. The check in could not have been faster or more pleasant. The staff was super friendly and warm, starting at the front desk. Our room was clean and comfortable. There was a functional desk and chair, an easy chair, and the TV worked properly. The shower had ample pressure to wash my hair – some have so much aeration these days you can’t wash out the suds! We had breakfast at the restaurant on site twice - the buffet was excellent. Drinks were included in the price as were cook to order eggs and an omelet/Belgian waffle station. Many hotels have Belgian waffles at breakfast, but not like these. They were delicious and cooked to order, plus they had warmed syrup and real butter. They also had fresh berries and cut fruit and some of the best bacon I have seen in a long time.
There is an indoor/outdoor pool (the outdoor part was closed off while we were there) and an oversize hot tub. Ample exercise equipment was provided. Modern stuff with several ellipticals and half a dozen treadmills. There were clean ear buds for use and even fresh apples for after. Parking was plentiful, free, and just steps from the elevator. We had zero problems with the wifi – I was able to stream a movie from xfinity via my ipad2.
Across the street is the Crabtree Valley Mall – very large for a regional mall. Starbucks, Cheesecake Factory, and a Belk with many popular brands including a huge Polo section where I got some hard to find pants…on sale! Our visit to Raleigh was to see the North Carolina State University which was a very short drive from the hotel, maybe 10 minutes. The only issue was traffic right in front of the mall, twice we had to sit through two cycles of the traffic lights to get past. The added wait was maybe 10 minutes and only during the work day. That was not really much of a problem.
I will book here first next time we are in town. Bravo Marriott staff!

Room Tip: We stayed in 421 - a view of pool (sort of!) and the parking lot. Far enough from the elevator that we did not hear much noise. Next time I will call directly and ask for a special that includes breakfast. I saw some folks had tickets that breakfast was included with the room. Buffet was $15, but included juice and coffee and was pretty impressive.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family