All reviewsfull kitchencanadian baconfrench doorscomplimentary upgradetrader joesbahama breezewaffleswake forestraleigh areawould stay againbusiness or pleasurebusiness travelerliving arearestaurants and shoppingthe breakfast areahousekeeping staffthe room was nice
Reviewed June 27, 2017

This is my second review of this hotel. I stayed here twice during the month of June 2017. The first stay was for a weekend; the second one was for 1 week. I stayed in two different rooms. And for both stays, the beds are very UNcomfortable. I ended up buying a 4-inch foam mattress from Wal-Mart to put on my bed, and then it was fine.

The staff at this hotel are very friendly, helpful, and really seem to care. When I checked out, they asked how my stay was. I discussed the beds not being comfortable. The guy seemed genuinely concerned, and told me that they were looking into replacing the mattresses this year.

And, I believe they will. When I stayed here last year, the air conditioner in the room didn't work well. I shared this with the management, and this year, the air conditioning worked great! So, it seems like the management really cares, and really listens, and makes changes and upgrades when needed.

My room was clean and cool when I arrived. I really appreciated that. The breakfast food this year wasn't as good as in years past, however.

I plan to stay here when I'm in town again. If beds aren't upgraded, however, I will be forced to look for lodging elsewhere, because I have back issues.

Overall, I do recommend this hotel. The staff seems genuinely interested in making their guests happy.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
00gc, General Manager at Residence Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2017

Dear Thatjodiegirl,

Thank you for choosing Residence Inn Raleigh Midtown once again. We are pleased our staff took excellent care of you and made you feel welcome. However, I am sorry the bed was uncomfortable and the inconvenience caused. We are working on a plan to replace the items you mentioned and realize it takes time to make some upgrades in this area. We appreciate your business and hope you and your family will be back to see us again soon.

Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

The rooms are wonderful for an extended stay. We were minutes from the Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts. Several grocery stores are nearby and the room has a full kitchen. I was able to cook for my children in the room instead of eating out every day. The hot breakfast was wonderful with something everyone liked. Three nights the hotel served refreshment in the lobby. The service was top notch and the facility beautiful.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
00gc, General Manager at Residence Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2017

Dear TourismGoddess2014,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review the Residence Inn Raleigh Midtown. We're glad to know how happy you and your family were with convenient location and the service provided by our staff. Your recognition of our efforts is appreciated and has been shared with the entire staff. We enjoyed having you as our guest and look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Reviewed June 6, 2017

This hotel used to be described as Raleigh North. That is correct. It was changed to Midtown. It is outside of the belt line no where near Raleigh. I hoped to be able to walk to restaurants but that is not the case.

I have stayed at this hotel before but it was described correctly before. I assumed I was staying somewhere new. Kind of excited but was left disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Wesley M
00gc, General Manager at Residence Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2017

Dear Wesley M, we enjoyed having you as our guest and appreciate you sharing your concerns. Please accept our apologies for the confusion with our location and that you were disappointed we did not meet your travel needs. We do hope our friendly staff and amenities made up for this and that the remainder of your stay was enjoyable. We hope you will give us another chance to prove we are committed to providing a wonderful guest experience.

Reviewed May 23, 2017

Stay Report - 5/20 - 5/21

Location: The hotel is located on Navajo Drive just off Wake Forest Road a little north of I-440 aka the Raleigh Beltline. Nearby are a few other hotels and a Bahama Breeze. Half a mile south on Wake Forest are two large shopping centers with a Kroger and a Trader Joes. RDU is about 20 minutes away and downtown Raleigh 10-15 depending on traffic.

Hotel: I don't have much experience with RIs but this one was really odd. I think it's a former apartment complex and it's certainly laid out like one. It's a sprawling place you need maps to find your way around in and there isn't enough parking. The grounds have an outdoor pool, grill area and a tennis court. There's a small sundry shop inside the lobby.

Check In: Handled quickly and efficiently but no mention of me being a Gold Elite or any elite benefits or upgrade offered. Oh well it's a RI so I wasn't expecting much.

Room: Note very suite like. In fact while the couch had a bed inside it, I have no idea how you'd get it out. Also, the room was really showing its age. One piece of furniture was covered in rips and stains. On the plus side the bed was comfortable, shower was fine and everything worked. The kitchen was really nice.

Other: Breakfast was pretty decent. They had eggs, sausage, potatoes, biscuits, waffles and a bunch of cold items. Do note though that the breakfast area gets really crowded really easily.

My rate was $89 (it's very cheap on weekends) and while it's definitely an oddly laid out property and showing its age, it's still a good value.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
00gc, General Manager at Residence Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience at Residence Inn Raleigh Midtown. We appreciate you pointing out our location in your review and are glad you found us to be a good value. It nice to read everything was in good working order in your room, we acknowledge your observation about updates and the same will be shared with our future enhancement team. We value you being a loyal member in the Marriott Rewards Program and apologize that we did not meet all of your expectations at the check-in. Rest assured that we are looking at our procedures and fine-tuning as necessary to better serve our guests in the future. It was a pleasure having you here, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed May 13, 2017

Yes, this is an older lodging so there are a few knit-picky things that could be more shipshape. But ...
overall what one gets is
1. a restful environment on a quiet street that is right off an expressway and an easy surface street trip to downtown Raleigh. In addition the pod style of rooms (like individual houses) offers a nicely landscaped property with a pool and grill and tables and chairs. Our reaction is that it has more of a resort feeling as opposed to a high-rise cubed building.
2. A nice breakfast is served with a good variety of foods. The room and buffet area are attractive and convenient.
3. Our room was so well prepared for the business traveler, with internet and wifi access. The desk is adjacent to outlets to make working easier. There is even a armed-desk chair for working.
4. The room was also comfortably furnished with a nicely stocked kitchen area. The staff does a compliment-worthy job on the maintaining the living area. The items available for use (dishes and towels) are of good quality.
5. The Inn is a short drive to North Hills shopping center which has some really good restaurants as well as a Walgreens. So staying there is convenient to getting ordinary and special things done.
Obviously we were happy with the Inn. We think it is a terrific value for the money.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
00gc, General Manager at Residence Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2017

Dear The3ofus60614,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are pleased our service, facilities, and comfort of the room gave you a home like feeling. Your satisfaction is utmost important to us, as we constantly strive to make your experience a great one. On behalf of everyone here at Residence Inn Raleigh Midtown, we invite you to stay with us again the next time you visit Raleigh.