All reviews felt safe lots of places to eat front desk staff potholes dog
Reviewed November 28, 2017

We needed a place to stay on our trip from VT back home to FL and the reviews here seemed decent for the low price. We literally just needed a place to sleep at 12:30am. Was a horrible first impression when I could not find the place. There are NO signs for this property. I learned upon checking in that they are rebranding, but there should have been some kind of temporary signage...not even on the outside of the building to let us know it was the right hotel...or a hotel at all. The staff was extremely unfriendly upon check-in. I apologize for interrupting your gossip session by trying to give you my money. The beds were ok, room was huge, but a little creepy with absolutely NO decor. I'm not fancy by any means, but at least give me a cliche flower painting or something. Also disappointed that the bathroom didn't have any essentials like shampoo/conditioner/lotion, etc. as most places do. Overall, I felt safe, it did the trick for a few hours of sleep.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Wendy R, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to do a review. We are so sorry that you encountered a bad experience with us. However, in our defense Red Roof Inn had just obtained this property and all the issues it had. Although, that does not excuse the front desk from being anything but polite to you. We are almost done with our renovations and changing people around. Would enjoy having you come again to give us another try to show you a wonderful guest experience.

Reviewed August 4, 2017 via mobile

Safe, clean and cheap. Very close to the interstate Worth it for a good sleep. Not in any way fancy but clean and close to interstate -hot breakfast. Walking distance to chain restaurants. Good customer service.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

My wife is very picky about hotels and this one would not have been approved......but she was not with me and my three boys and I needed to crash after a long day so we stopped in. It was affordable, wifi was good but not free, and as for the room.....it had two beds, a tv, 4 walls, a bathroom and A/C. The a.c. was ok but I was so tired it didn't matter. Staff was friendly and the hotel is by many food options. Look......this is as basic as it gets so why destroy them in a review. If you are expecting the Hilton.....find a Hilton.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ron B
Reviewed June 4, 2017 via mobile

One of my favorite places to stay on I-95. Conveniently located next to the Wal-Mart and a dozen good enough restaurants. Plenty of truck parking, a convenience store open all night, and a clean room.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank J882RUpeterh
Reviewed April 12, 2017 via mobile

I was on a road trip with my little dog and was not able to get wifi. Stopped at the motel and they had a room for $40 and accepted my dog. Did not expect much. Just hoped it was clean and bug free. The Desk Clerk was very nice and helped me out a couple of times til we got settled. The room was very large and then I realized it was handicap accessible. It was clean and newly renovated and bug free. I then read the reviews and almost got up and left but realized that was not my experience and the motel was probably under renovation. I had to park my fully loaded car with my worldly possessions about 50' from the hotel door and said a prayer that no one broke into the car. First thing in the morning I checked and it was all good. Overall, it was a good experience with no complaints.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo