Best Western Roanoke Rapids Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Roanoke Rapids
Reviewed 22 August 2010

The location was great, right off 95 with tons of nearby resturants. We enjoyed the mcrowave and fridge and things seemed pretty clean. However, in both beds there were stray hairs that where not ours. I was hoping they were from the maids but I was kind of grossed out and thought maybe they didn't change the sheets. Other downfalls were our remote control didn't work and we had no internet connection even though the hotel offers free wi-fi. The beds felt comfortable but we all had a terrible nights sleep for whatever reason and woke often and couldn't fall back to sleep. We ended up leaving the hotel at 5:30 b/c we were all awake even though we planned to leave at about 8 so we didn't get enough sleep and missed out on the breakfast, especially the cinnamon rolls! Overall hotel was OK, and I ended up staying for free with my Priority Club points so that made it worthwhile. I would consider staying again if it was free or cheap but there seem to be a lot of hotels in the area so if there were other hotels avail at a similar price I would try those.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank ISellSyn
belashah, Joy Harvey Sales at Best Western Roanoke Rapids Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2010

We appreciate you honesty and want to thank you for being our guest, we will review the issue of the hair with our housekeeping staff and we apologize for that inconvience to you and your family, please do not let that be your last visit. We look forward to you being a Returning Guest if you are ever in our area. Again, thank you so much for your review and we do value you as our guest so please return to us in the future..

There are newer reviews for Best Western Roanoke Rapids Hotel & Suites

Reviewed 1 August 2010

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay this time. Last, year, we were not so fortunate. However, I do have one request: Please increase your choice of fruit to eat for breakfast. You only had bananas. Do consider apples, oranges, cantaloupes, water melon, and grapes..or even a fruit salad. That would be so awesome!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank dcsmooth
belashah, Joy Harvey Director Of Sales at Best Western Roanoke Rapids Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2010

All of us at the Holiday Inn Express would like to say thank you! We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate your review as well as your suggestion. Thank you again, and please continue to be our returning guest.

Reviewed 17 November 2009

I was very impressed with the staff at this hotel. Forgive me for forgetting your name, but to the evening manager who was working the evening of 11/09 - thank you so much for all of your help! I had a ton of boxes delivered to the hotel for a week of field sampling and you were nice enough to have it set up in my room so I wouldn't have to drag everything up myself. It was nice to be greeted by a friendly face after a long day of traveling!

The hotel was pretty average, not as bad as others have described it. There were a few downsides to the room (the toilet was a little stained, a few hairs here and there, the alarm clock didn't work, internet connection wasn't the best) but it was good enough for a night's sleep. Checkout in the morning was also a bit slow - they couldn't print my reciept for some reason but when I called later and asked that it be faxed to my office they sent it to me almost immediately.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Bela S, General Manager at Best Western Roanoke Rapids Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

Dear Guest,
Good evening, on behalf of my entire staff, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you had during your recent stay. We take all the comments very seriously and work towards it. Please visit us again. Take Care,
Bela Shah

Reviewed 23 August 2009

My husband, my 5 year old son and I stayed at this hotel on the way o back from Disney. We checked in about 9:30p. We figured the Holiday Inn should be a great place, well, we were wrong! The room we got was on the 1st floor it was disgusting! The shower had pubic hairs in it, behind the back of the toliet their was a red fluid that looked like it had been there for a while. The room smelled like trash! There was mold in the closet and the sink wasn't clean. There were white stains on the top of the green comforters. I was going to just suck all this up and let it go afterall we were tired......but that's when I saw roaches crawling on the bed that my Husband was laying in. That was it for me! I called the front desk to let them know..the clerk acted like she was so surprised that the hotel had roaches, she told me to come and get another room. I really wanted to leave but like I said we were tired....we got the second room...this room was a bit clener however, there were still white stains on the green comforter, the air conditioner wasn't working well, there were stains on the leather chair, and when I turned on the light in the bathroom there was a mix of roaches and ants that scattered! I was distgusted! We took all of our bags to the car, as we didn't want to risk bringing any if those roaches coming home with us. I was so freaked out that I couldn't even sleep, I woke my husband and my son up at 5am so that we can leave! The only good thing about this whole bad experince was that the clerk reversed the charge on my credit card and we didn't have to pay. I was surprised that the fee was $109 for one night. That was a joke! Who's suppossed to pay $109 to stay in a filthy roach motel.......ill! I've never felt so disgusted...........I would never stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
belashah, Director of Sales at Best Western Roanoke Rapids Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2010

Holiday Inn Express In Roanoke Rapids, would like an opportunity to acknowledge this review and apologize on behalf of the old management team. Since September of 2009 we have been under new management.We asked that our new and old guest please return or come see the changes that we have made. We appreciate your business and hope that you will either be a returning guest or a new guest of ours at the Holiday Inn Express In Roanoke Rapids, Thank You.

Reviewed 30 April 2009

We stayed here one night on the drive back from Florida. This is the second year we have stayed here. Our room was on the second floor. It has 2 queen beds, MW, Fridge, and free wireless. The room and bath were clean and roomy. The sink was located outside the bathroom. We had a quiet night's rest and the breakfast was very good, with hot and cold selections available. We used the coupon from the travelers guide for a reduced rate.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
belashah, Joy Harvey - Director of Sales at Best Western Roanoke Rapids Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2010

We appreciate your business and we thank you for positive input, and letting us know that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to you being our returning guest. Thank You!!!

Reviewed 13 April 2009

After reading past reviews about this place, I was scurrred to stay here to say the least but I had no control in the matter. My boyfriend wanted to stay here. I did tell him that the first bug I see, I am sleeping in the vehicle. I don't do bugs, ever!

We were on the 2nd floor of the motel. We were in a suite-type room. Not the one with the Jacuzzi in it. It was very, very clean. I was inspecting practically every inch of that room and I didn't see any dust, dirt, bugs, etc. For a 2-star motel, our room was immaculate. The bathroom was small and the lock on the door to the bathroom didn't work but that was minor inconveniences. There was a flat screen TV in the room. It appears the room/hotel may have been renovated recently. The bed was quite comfortable. The sheets felt a little worn (like washed too many times) but clean. I didn't realize it until the next morning but two of the 6 pillows on our bed did not have pillowcases on them. That's not sanitary and unfortunately, I slept on one of them.

I even got up in the middle of the night looking for critters and I didn't see anything. I am a sticker for a hotel room. Normally, I stay in 4 to 5 star hotels. But to tell you the truth this hotel was cleaner than most 4 or 5 star hotel rooms I have stayed in. I would definitely comeback to stay here and probably will in the near future.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2008

Well we just got back from a trip to Florida, and after we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Florence SC on the way down, and loved it there, we decided that a Holiday Inn Express will be great, so we stayed here at the one in RR. I must say there was quite a difference. This one was not nearly as clean as the one in SC, the bathroom I was actually a bit reluctant to use. The toilet was not very clean, and the bottom of it hadn't been touched (a few stains). There was no room for the three of us. They usually had a great breakfast but it seemed like the stuff was old and had been out...not nearly as fresh as the breakfast in SC. I did also notice quite a few dead bugs outside and by the door, but didn't notice any inside or in the room. The staff was pleasant, and the beds were comfortable, but based on the 4-5 star I'd give the other one, this gets maybe a 2. There are a few other hotels in this area, I'd stay there. I did my homework on the way down, but should have done more research for the way home.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank lovebirds06
DAR2495, Manager at Best Western Roanoke Rapids Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2009

Thank you for your feedback.All feedback is very helpful in making sure that the problems that you experienced are addressed immediately. All issues that you experienced during your stay have been corrected, and we would like to invite you back or if this is your first time staying it is our pleasure to have you.We would like to show you the great guest service that you expect from our brand.
we look forward in seeing your again in the near future. Please feel free in contacting me at the hotel.

Debbie Rhodes