See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 31, 2015

Thugs talking loudly outside my door most of the night. Doors slamming all night car doors and room doors, people coming and going all hours of the night....not real clean.
Ac loud cuts on and off waking me also. not as bad as the slamming doors. If you stay here bring your GUNS with you did not really feel safe thought i might need to use may weapon.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank dan j
Reviewed November 6, 2014

Very friendly staff, nice selection on the breakfast. At. Gym small but adequate for cardio. The hotel is starting to show some aging. The bathroom had some deferred maintenance needing new or clean grout, also patched ceiling from prior leek? Furniture also had visible wear, clean but showing age.

Room Tip: Arrived early and enjoyed the evening snacks, breakfast very good.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Just like many others, traveled back from Orlando on my way to NJ. This place was well off the highway I-95. We passed several other hotels/motels, restaurants, and stores. It is definitely a motel. The first room we went to smelled like smoke even though it was a non-smoking room. They gave us another room and it was better. AC wasn't the best. Heard a lot of road noise as our room faced the parking lot and main road. I was glad when the ac was on because it helped mask the road and parking lot noise. We had an old school tv but at least the reception was fine. We were a family of 6 travelling. We booked two rooms so we had 3 in each room. They for some reason only had a reservation for one room. The check-in manager did give me the second room for the same price as the first. I did find that there weren't enough towels and washcloths and toiletries were limited. The bed/sheets were clean and comfortable. I am not a picky person, but it was just not a good place to stay with a family. If we weren't so tired, we would have left. We were on a budget and thought this would be decent enough for an overnight stay. I would not stay there ever again. I would definitely pay for a better place to stay next time.

Room Tip: Stay in a room in the back--quieter
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Judi B
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We were driving from Florida to Washington, DC and needed a place to stay on the way. By midnight we were tired of driving. This hotel was listed as part of the Best Western chain, so we stopped. I'm glad to say that it is no longer a part of Best Western - because it was awful. The man who checked us in couldn't figure out how to run our credit card - so he gave us a discount - that was the only good part of the stay. The room we were given had two full beds instead of the standard two Queens. My teenagers went in to shower before they went to bed - and there was actually water under the floor of the fiberglass bathtub! The entire floor of the tub moved under you! The door latch had to be "jimmied" to get it to catch, and the safety latch pulled out of the wall the next morning when we opened it! The carpeting actually felt kind of sticky under my socks - so I definitely did not walk on it barefoot! At this point it was after 1:00 am - or we would have left! My best advice is if you are driving along I-95 for a trip, make a reservation ahead of time for your stop - and avoid this place!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Diane B
Reviewed May 14, 2014

The Rocky Mount Inn is a quaint little, older place to stay for an overnite or two. We were very impressed with the cleanliness, and the size of the room. The beds were okay comfy, 2 in each room, and a table with two chairs. I was a little worried when I read a few negative reviews, as I AM A VERY PICKY PERSON...& it was not at all a bad place!!!! The breakfast was very good, as was the customer service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple