All reviews kite boarders top floor sound side covered parking master bedroom condo elevator kiteboard homes balcony pet obx office
Reviewed September 17, 2014

This is a beautiful property. But it is terribly managed. When I arrived I was told the elevator was broken. Now I understand that things break and hurricanes happen here in North Carolina. But I should've been notified before I arrived. I was on the third floor and it was quite
difficult to bring our luggage and groceries upstairs.
Then I called the management and said that I couldn't get on their Wi-Fi. I was told they were having someone come in to fix it the next day. To make a long story short we never did have Wi-Fi the entire week. And a little research told me that waves resort has not had Wi-Fi for a long time. Again things happen but just be honest with your guests.
When we arrived the handle to our sliding glass door was broken. And I mean broken in pieces. We couldn't lock that door and it was very difficult to open and close. They did fix the handle towards the end of our stay but the door still didn't lock. These condos are not cheap. I feel I should've been told about all of these things before my arrival.
All this would be bad enough. But I have attempted to contact them several times with several emails and I have had no response at all!! No return phone call no return email. If waves resort cannot offer all the amenities that they advertised then their guests are entitled to a partial refund. It's just that simple. I think it's terrible and very unprofessional to not respond to any of my complaints. So I decided to post them here. I paid a large rental fee for that property. I paid for Wi-Fi that I never got the entire week and I paid for an elevator that never worked. I was unable to lock one of the doors in my condo. Oh and I almost forgot we also found roaches and roach droppings in the kitchen.
This is a beautiful place and I love the Outer Banks but this property is not well-maintained.
But most disappointing of all was no response to any of my attempts to complain or speak to these people. DON'T STAY HERE!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2014
6  Thank Cloudia626
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Hurricane Arthur took out their ONLY elevator, and we were not told about it until days before our trip. When you booked the top floor of a condo unit, that means you must haul all your stuff up 4 floors. We stay for a week, and without the elevator, it has severely impacted our stay (we are less likely to use the pool or go out for grocery runs). Yes, Christopher Nygard from Kitty Hawk Kites came to our rescue and helped us move in and out. He also reset the Internet modem EVERY day of our stay, as the Internet went down every single day. Without his excellent help, our stay would have been a disaster. Add to this major construction, pounding, saws ripping loudly next door. Not a way I would want to spend my vacation, but we stuck it out and Christopher got us one day refunded. This place is a ghost town. Our car and only a pickup truck from the construction guys are here. Construction dudes said that the elevator will not be fixed this season. Don't book here until things are fixed.

Room Tip: Choose a condo unit on the TOP floor (if the elevator is fixed). You can hear everything in the lower units. Lots of noise from neighboring units.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank appetizergal73
Reviewed July 8, 2014

After a 13 hour drive from Maine the only thing we wanted was a glass of wine and a clean room. We were thrilled to walk through the door and be greeted by an exciting array of kite surfers just outside the balcony, and a "Love Shack" that was anything but a shack. The unit was beautiful, and clean with a spectacular view of the sound. We dealt with a guy named Christopher who seemed to know everything about everything, was professional, easy going, and accommodating. He even helped our son pick out a great second hand kite to expand on his new hobby. The hot tub was well maintained, everything worked, the elevator saved us hauling coolers up the stairs, and the parking was convenient. My only regret was not extending our stay another night or two.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Great place to stay ,Mngt is very friendly and helpful although I don't recommend getting the insurance ,very comfortable great views and hot tub was hot,there are elevators to get all the gear up to rooms and also safe lockers ,grounds are great for setting up kites but launching is a little tricky .other then that awesome time next door has good food if you don't want to travel

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank outside1
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed here September 2012 - first week of offseason. Originally booked Sunset on the Sound house but upon arrival we were shifted to Downwinder due to the last family breaking the tub. No big deal.

As for the rooms, the pictures on the website actually do their justice (rarely able to say that). The rooms were clean upon arrival. Great layout. Big open space and design. The rooms were nice and fittingly furnished. Perfect for family or friends. We brought our 2 labradors and traveled with my parents. Never felt crowded. The view of the sound was great but I still prefer having ocean view or ocean front.

The drawback for me is the location of the condo but I knew this before hand. We wanted to try a new spot and we though Rodanthe was great because it was centrally located; but we found ourselves wanting to go North more than staying put or going south. We love OBX and try to do a trip a year and stay in Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills, or Nags Head area. Rodanthe is a small quiet town and has little on the ends of things that we like to do. We had to drive north to get the taste of our normal experiences and drive south for Hatteras (which is a day trip we do at least once each visit).

We like to constantly do something and keep busy during our vacations, so this did not 100% fit our style. The location is perfect for those who want to catch some rays, watch beautiful sunsets, kite board (which looks awesome and you'll have plenty of it right from your sun deck), or like the "small-town feel." Ultimately I would chose to stay here again because of the spectacular accommodations and the benefits of being able to take mans best friend; they need vacations and the pooches love the beach too.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family