Waves Village Resort
US$99
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$114/night.

US$306
Comfort Inn South Oceanfront(Nags Head)(Great Value!)
US$229
ComfortInn
US$140
RodewayInn
Cape Pines Motel(Buxton)(Great Value!)
US$199
Lighthouse View Oceanfront Lodging(Buxton)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$199
  • Pool
Surf Side Hotel(Nags Head)(Great Value!)
US$252
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 25, 2015

I'll start by saying we LOVED loved loved this condo. It was beautiful, spacious, immaculate, and the views of the sound were perfection. Reserving the condo was easy as could be, I can only say good things about reserving this condo with the Waves staff.

That said, there were a few things about Life is Good that varied from confounding to unacceptable. I'll start with confounding. Have you ever seen Lord of the Rings? I'm referring to the Hobbits' trip to the Prancing Pony. This bathroom would have fit right into that middle earth hotel. The proportions of the bathroom were so weird...I had to stand on tip toe to brush my teeth and could barely see myself in the mirror! The shower was hard to get in and out of too because the tub was so high off the floor. This is a super-minor issue, but day in day out, it got old fast. Further, (probably petty) but there was not a full length mirror in sight. I had a wedding to attend that week, and it would have been nice to make sure I looked presentable.

The wifi was NOT good at all in the condo. It would work a little bit in the bigger rooms and not at all in the outside rooms.

Not so petty and I think pretty important were issues we had with the washing machine and dishwasher. We washed a load of clothes in the washing machine and they came out smelling WORSE than before we washed them. We smelled the machine closely and it reeked of mold. The dishwasher wasn't working, and I contacted the property manager on Wednesday, but as of Saturday when we left, the dishwasher was still unfixed.

I'll echo what I've read here about the elevator. It was PAINFULLY slow, but I'm glad we were lucky enough t have an elevator to schlep our stuff up and down upon our arrival and departing.

The menu at the restaurant (Fair Winds) didn't seem to match up with that on the website. The website menu looked WAY better than what was actually offered. We ate at the restaurant once. It wasn't my favorite meal, but it was pretty good, but given all the incredible food options in Rodanthe alone, I'd call it Mediocre Winds, myself.

One more complaint...the bed in the master suite was the squeakiest thing I've EVER slept or sat on. We couldn't move an inch without the springs going crazy. It was a really comfortable bed as long as we lay still as statues. We figured out how to do that FAST.

All in all, I'm really happy with the Life is Good condo, but the annoying things were really really annoying. I think I'd stay here again, but I will definitely be making sure that these things are fixed before staying here again!!!

Room Tip: Make sure to ask about wifi, a clean washing machine, and ask if the beds squeak!!
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Erin B
Reviewed November 4, 2014

Waves Village has it all! The condos are all great, the kiteboarding location can not be beat, and they have a great restaurant right on site. There is no better sunset on the OBX than their condo decks or yard.

We stayed here during September 2014, and loved it so much we took another week to come back in October. The first time, we were on the second floor in #19, and the second time we were in #31 on the top floor. I really can't pin-pont much of a difference. On the first floor we heard those above us a bit, but not enough to bother us or our 15 month old while he slept. The fourth floor is a bit of a walk, so all said and done-I think I'd stay on that lower level again.

This was the off season, meaning construction, repairs etc happen all over the island now. We were not bothered at all by the maintenance happening on the property. Actually, we never really even noticed any additional noise coming from the people working on the place. So with that in mind, I have to imagine that staying here in the on season would be even more wonderful!

There are a few negative reviews of this property, but seriously, they are way off the mark. First of all, the property is very well managed. I found the management and staff to be beyond friendly. They went above and beyond for us. Chris who does it all at Waves Village is always there, and answers texts really fast. There is an elevator, and it was working fine. He helped us get our goods loaded on, and off at our top floor condo. He was in and out during the week and we enjoyed chatting with him, and learning more about the area from him.

The condos are very well maintained, and are stocked with the kitchen essentials, sheets and towels for the week. Bring some TP, Paper towels, dish soap, coffee filters like you would to any other house rental for the week. This is not a hotel, it's a beach rental. Bring what you would if you were renting a house here. That being said, they are wayyyyy generous with the TP, Dish soap and coffee filters they provide.

My husband is a Kiteboarder, and there is no better place to stay to get to kite as much as possible during a trip to the OBX. Again, the helpful staff need a huge shout out. His harness got separated from his gear when he moved his kite after a long session on the water. A staff member noticed it immediately and picked it up, and held on to it. A few hours later, in a panic, my husband searched all over for the harness. He went over to ask in the shop, and sure enough, it was there. He was so relieved he hadn't lost it and it hadn't been stolen. There are so may other kiterboarders there to launch and land-and he was able to find help each time.

In short- We're OBX veterans and have spent many many summers down on Hatteras Island. We've stayed in a few different houses many times, and found these condos to be more enjoyable than those homes. It was great to have other people around to get launched, and landed. The friendly and helpful staff really make this an easy choice!

We will definitely be back. As soon as possible!

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have essentially the same view as the top floor-and a lot less of a walk. Third floor rooms have a walk, but you don't have anyone above you. #19, #22, and #33 are the ends away from the parking lot. We liked #19 better than #31 that was on the parking lot. Quieter on garbage day!
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KatieHunter
Reviewed September 17, 2014

This is a beautiful property. But it is terribly managed. When I arrived I was told the elevator was broken. Now I understand that things break and hurricanes happen here in North Carolina. But I should've been notified before I arrived. I was on the third floor and it was quite
difficult to bring our luggage and groceries upstairs.
Then I called the management and said that I couldn't get on their Wi-Fi. I was told they were having someone come in to fix it the next day. To make a long story short we never did have Wi-Fi the entire week. And a little research told me that waves resort has not had Wi-Fi for a long time. Again things happen but just be honest with your guests.
When we arrived the handle to our sliding glass door was broken. And I mean broken in pieces. We couldn't lock that door and it was very difficult to open and close. They did fix the handle towards the end of our stay but the door still didn't lock. These condos are not cheap. I feel I should've been told about all of these things before my arrival.
All this would be bad enough. But I have attempted to contact them several times with several emails and I have had no response at all!! No return phone call no return email. If waves resort cannot offer all the amenities that they advertised then their guests are entitled to a partial refund. It's just that simple. I think it's terrible and very unprofessional to not respond to any of my complaints. So I decided to post them here. I paid a large rental fee for that property. I paid for Wi-Fi that I never got the entire week and I paid for an elevator that never worked. I was unable to lock one of the doors in my condo. Oh and I almost forgot we also found roaches and roach droppings in the kitchen.
This is a beautiful place and I love the Outer Banks but this property is not well-maintained.
But most disappointing of all was no response to any of my attempts to complain or speak to these people. DON'T STAY HERE!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2014
6  Thank Cloudia626
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Hurricane Arthur took out their ONLY elevator, and we were not told about it until days before our trip. When you booked the top floor of a condo unit, that means you must haul all your stuff up 4 floors. We stay for a week, and without the elevator, it has severely impacted our stay (we are less likely to use the pool or go out for grocery runs). Yes, Christopher Nygard from Kitty Hawk Kites came to our rescue and helped us move in and out. He also reset the Internet modem EVERY day of our stay, as the Internet went down every single day. Without his excellent help, our stay would have been a disaster. Add to this major construction, pounding, saws ripping loudly next door. Not a way I would want to spend my vacation, but we stuck it out and Christopher got us one day refunded. This place is a ghost town. Our car and only a pickup truck from the construction guys are here. Construction dudes said that the elevator will not be fixed this season. Don't book here until things are fixed.

Room Tip: Choose a condo unit on the TOP floor (if the elevator is fixed). You can hear everything in the lower units. Lots of noise from neighboring units.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank appetizergal73
Reviewed July 8, 2014

After a 13 hour drive from Maine the only thing we wanted was a glass of wine and a clean room. We were thrilled to walk through the door and be greeted by an exciting array of kite surfers just outside the balcony, and a "Love Shack" that was anything but a shack. The unit was beautiful, and clean with a spectacular view of the sound. We dealt with a guy named Christopher who seemed to know everything about everything, was professional, easy going, and accommodating. He even helped our son pick out a great second hand kite to expand on his new hobby. The hot tub was well maintained, everything worked, the elevator saved us hauling coolers up the stairs, and the parking was convenient. My only regret was not extending our stay another night or two.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family