Waves Village Resort
US$99
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$111/night.

US$306
Comfort Inn South Oceanfront(Nags Head)(Great Value!)
US$229
ComfortInn
US$140
RodewayInn
Cape Pines Motel(Buxton)(Great Value!)
US$199
Lighthouse View Oceanfront Lodging(Buxton)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$199
  • Pool
Surf Side Hotel(Nags Head)(Great Value!)
US$252
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 13, 2015 via mobile

Outer Banks is such a laid back cool area. The dunes and ocean are beautiful . We arrived on a Sunday to a nice, clean condo on the top floor called Life Is Good. Rented thru First Flights online, which can be scary. So we were all pleasantly surprised. Nice decor and everyone had there own bathrooms ( a definite plus). Kite boarders were out all day on the sound, very cool to watch. Elevator is slow as molasses. Hot & stinky too! So we took the stairs the whole week. Lots of stairs!! Nights were very noisy, could hear people running & yelling all over condos. Washing machine was moldy! Glasses were broken and left in cabinet. It would have been nice if there was a local menu box or letter telling us about the area since we were not familiar. Local restaurants, convenience stores, pizza. etc... So, there was a learning curve. Recommend Red Rooster (but it's a drive, up by Wright Bros. museum) also Cafe Palmico (again a drive), nice wine list and great sunsets. Lisa's Pizza was close and good take out!
Kite boarding is pricey and hard to learn. So my teenagers were a little bummed by that. We thought that was something fun we could do as a family. $800 later for 2 teens and a 4hr lesson. Instructor took four people out and they only got 5 minutes with the board. Not cool!
Beaches were great! Loved that you could drive vehicle onto beach with all your stuff. Little sketch because of shark attacks. We were definitely nervous.
If I were to do it again I probably would have stayed up the coast Nags Head or Kitty Hawk.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2015 via mobile

The grounds were beautiful and the view was terrific...but....NOISY. We stayed on the second floor and staying on the floor above us must have been a herd of buffalo. You could hear every pounding step. Stay on the top floor !
The views of the kite boarders was amazing. Kitty Hawk Kites has a school to teach you how to do this right next door. There is the school and store as well as restaurants and coffee shops right next door. The sunsets are beautiful.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2015

This is our fourth summer at this resort, and we like it a lot, even though last summer was a total disaster (construction going on all around us--loud--and no elevator). Elevator is back, the pool was delightful, and the condo is well-equipped for a lovely stay. They even let us in early when we made it to the island a bit earlier than we planned. Michelle and Doris in the rental office are pleasant, professional and especially conscientious to deal with. Except for the evenings, the wi-fi did not go down regularly like it has in years past. We hope to come back next year. It was a perfect place to stay.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor if you do not want a lot of noise.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2015

I'll start by saying we LOVED loved loved this condo. It was beautiful, spacious, immaculate, and the views of the sound were perfection. Reserving the condo was easy as could be, I can only say good things about reserving this condo with the Waves staff.

That said, there were a few things about Life is Good that varied from confounding to unacceptable. I'll start with confounding. Have you ever seen Lord of the Rings? I'm referring to the Hobbits' trip to the Prancing Pony. This bathroom would have fit right into that middle earth hotel. The proportions of the bathroom were so weird...I had to stand on tip toe to brush my teeth and could barely see myself in the mirror! The shower was hard to get in and out of too because the tub was so high off the floor. This is a super-minor issue, but day in day out, it got old fast. Further, (probably petty) but there was not a full length mirror in sight. I had a wedding to attend that week, and it would have been nice to make sure I looked presentable.

The wifi was NOT good at all in the condo. It would work a little bit in the bigger rooms and not at all in the outside rooms.

Not so petty and I think pretty important were issues we had with the washing machine and dishwasher. We washed a load of clothes in the washing machine and they came out smelling WORSE than before we washed them. We smelled the machine closely and it reeked of mold. The dishwasher wasn't working, and I contacted the property manager on Wednesday, but as of Saturday when we left, the dishwasher was still unfixed.

I'll echo what I've read here about the elevator. It was PAINFULLY slow, but I'm glad we were lucky enough t have an elevator to schlep our stuff up and down upon our arrival and departing.

The menu at the restaurant (Fair Winds) didn't seem to match up with that on the website. The website menu looked WAY better than what was actually offered. We ate at the restaurant once. It wasn't my favorite meal, but it was pretty good, but given all the incredible food options in Rodanthe alone, I'd call it Mediocre Winds, myself.

One more complaint...the bed in the master suite was the squeakiest thing I've EVER slept or sat on. We couldn't move an inch without the springs going crazy. It was a really comfortable bed as long as we lay still as statues. We figured out how to do that FAST.

All in all, I'm really happy with the Life is Good condo, but the annoying things were really really annoying. I think I'd stay here again, but I will definitely be making sure that these things are fixed before staying here again!!!

Room Tip: Make sure to ask about wifi, a clean washing machine, and ask if the beds squeak!!
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Erin B
Reviewed November 4, 2014

Waves Village has it all! The condos are all great, the kiteboarding location can not be beat, and they have a great restaurant right on site. There is no better sunset on the OBX than their condo decks or yard.

We stayed here during September 2014, and loved it so much we took another week to come back in October. The first time, we were on the second floor in #19, and the second time we were in #31 on the top floor. I really can't pin-pont much of a difference. On the first floor we heard those above us a bit, but not enough to bother us or our 15 month old while he slept. The fourth floor is a bit of a walk, so all said and done-I think I'd stay on that lower level again.

This was the off season, meaning construction, repairs etc happen all over the island now. We were not bothered at all by the maintenance happening on the property. Actually, we never really even noticed any additional noise coming from the people working on the place. So with that in mind, I have to imagine that staying here in the on season would be even more wonderful!

There are a few negative reviews of this property, but seriously, they are way off the mark. First of all, the property is very well managed. I found the management and staff to be beyond friendly. They went above and beyond for us. Chris who does it all at Waves Village is always there, and answers texts really fast. There is an elevator, and it was working fine. He helped us get our goods loaded on, and off at our top floor condo. He was in and out during the week and we enjoyed chatting with him, and learning more about the area from him.

The condos are very well maintained, and are stocked with the kitchen essentials, sheets and towels for the week. Bring some TP, Paper towels, dish soap, coffee filters like you would to any other house rental for the week. This is not a hotel, it's a beach rental. Bring what you would if you were renting a house here. That being said, they are wayyyyy generous with the TP, Dish soap and coffee filters they provide.

My husband is a Kiteboarder, and there is no better place to stay to get to kite as much as possible during a trip to the OBX. Again, the helpful staff need a huge shout out. His harness got separated from his gear when he moved his kite after a long session on the water. A staff member noticed it immediately and picked it up, and held on to it. A few hours later, in a panic, my husband searched all over for the harness. He went over to ask in the shop, and sure enough, it was there. He was so relieved he hadn't lost it and it hadn't been stolen. There are so may other kiterboarders there to launch and land-and he was able to find help each time.

In short- We're OBX veterans and have spent many many summers down on Hatteras Island. We've stayed in a few different houses many times, and found these condos to be more enjoyable than those homes. It was great to have other people around to get launched, and landed. The friendly and helpful staff really make this an easy choice!

We will definitely be back. As soon as possible!

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have essentially the same view as the top floor-and a lot less of a walk. Third floor rooms have a walk, but you don't have anyone above you. #19, #22, and #33 are the ends away from the parking lot. We liked #19 better than #31 that was on the parking lot. Quieter on garbage day!
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family