One of those rare hotels where the owner has created a true labour of love from its start in 1969. The feeling is of slightly faded luxury, but with a wonderful sense of magic because of the gardens. These are the hotel's major feature, highly maintained and full of every kind of rose, tended in arbours, walks, small courtyards, and around lily ponds and little lawns. We were a family of four with 2 boys (7 & 10) staying 3 nights. There was always more to explore, on day 2 we found a second pool and a third on day 3! The rooms are scattered around the gardens and furnished with eclectic and comfortable furniture. The pool has huge divan daybeds, and we felt very looked after by the staff, who were all kind, gentle and experienced. We ate delicious food. A lunch on the terrace, dinners in the art-filled dining room and breakfasts in a separate, warm breakfast building with views across the valley. I'm wheat free and they baked a special corn bread for me. At the spa, a short walk across the grounds, the hamman was dark, atmospheric and nurturing, and we swam in the beautiful (adult only) indoor pool and jacuzzi after. Beyond the spa are tennis courts and the stables. We borrowed balls and rackets for free. They can arrange trekking with mules in the ourigaine valley or from Imlil (40 mins away) and other activities were advertised though we didn't try these.
Highly recommended for a family explore in the Atlas Mountains alongside Marrakech (just an hour away), or for a romantic wedding among the roses!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Berber Mountains of the High Atlas, 60 km from Marrakech, you will discover La Roseraie. The altitude will offer the perfect climate. Cool in summer, mild in winter, its pure air will revitalize you. Secretly hidden in the middle of a 25 hectars of natural parkland, far away from stressful city life, it will be the ideal retreat for nature lovers. The rooms lead into rose gardens, lime and lemon groves, orchards, exotic plants and wild flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Domaine de la Roseraie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domaine De La Roseraie Hotel Ouirgane
- Domaine De La Roseraie Ouirgane