All reviews guangzhou airport convenient location rooms are spacious western options shopping centre floor supermarket cnn bath style
Reviewed May 20, 2015 via mobile

Bathroom not clean.
In the meanwhile breakfirst lost it's
quality. Food cold. Reduced fruit, jogurt and rest selection.Seem like the western selection gets smaller and smaller. Breakfast staff service poor, slow and don't seem to understand English. Breakfast area dirty.
All in all dissappointing.
We stayed there many times and it was good. It got worse every stay!
Sorry we had to look for another hotel!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Thomas D
Reviewed April 29, 2015

I am probably repeating some things from other reviews but I must say them The Hotel from the front is huge & with the biggest,gradiest foyer you will ever see. Very impressive! But that is were it stops.
The rooms would have been very grand 25 years ago but nothing has changed apart from a newer TV. It needed updating. Was reasonable clean. Day 1 found the toilet didnt flush properly & took several flushes to dispense of the number 2's. I reported this, they did some work on it but still was an issue for the next 2 days. The bathroom sink had a fresh water tap which didnt work & when I reported this was told that is was disconnected and that is why they provide bottle water free.
On day 2 our bath robes were not replaced by the room cleaners and on day 3 the bath floor mats were not replaced?
Have breakfast on day 2 and there were no glasses at the juice bar so an attendant fetched me a coffee cup!
For breakfast on day 3 I really wanted eggs but the "dedicated" egg station had run out of eggs, go figure!
The one positive was that the staff that did speak english were all very polite and helpful.
Value for money, I dont think so. My Chinese lady negotiated 630 rmb a night with breakfast but that was way too much for what we received.

Room Tip: Tip-get to breakfast as soon as they open as towards the end of the service time you will not find anything to eat. The room we had you could hear the next room TV, probably common to all the standard rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 585col
Reviewed April 27, 2015

the hotel is dirty, the air conditioner does not work...The people at front desk is very rude and the mildew at the hotel is everywhere! is is a TRAP !!!! The restaurants are dirty and the food is very bad also...I have been tavelling in china since 2013 for business purpose and this is one of the worst hotels i have ever been !

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2015 via mobile

Not really anywhere else to stay in the area. Asked for non-smoking room. The room stunk from smoke. One of the in room bottles of water had been opened. Bed felt like a sleeping bag on a concrete floor. Was told this is the best place in town. Reservation was made by a company I'm visiting, but I'd go elsewhere.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2015

Stayed at the Yucca on business as it was recommended as the best place in the location where I needed to be. My expectations were low but it still disappointed.
Pros:
Clean
Reasonably cheap
Cons:
Rooms are quite basic/dated, especially compared to the grand entrance
Poor choice of places to eat if you don't speak Chinese (ended up in the hotel coffee shop eating frozen pizza)
Rooms smell of smoke
Poor English on reception and you're made to swipe for a deposit, but they don't explain that this only covers the cost of your room and you can't put any food or drinks on it. Basically you're made to feel a bit like a criminal!
Worse English in the coffee shop
Limited Western breakfast choices
Next time I'll try to plan my trip differently so I don't have to stay in Jiangmen.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business