All reviews cable car station two nights close to the airport the room was nice front desk tianmen mountain late flight comfortable hotel chinese dishes tour guide lobby taxi luggage toiletries tourist tickets
Reviewed May 3, 2018

We had a late flight in to Zhangjiajie so we stayed here. It was a short drive away from the airport, and the check in process was quick. The hotel was comfortable and the food at the breakfast buffet was fine.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2018

I stay in this hotel for two nights. The area around hotel was nice. One thing I didn't liked was many stains on the carpet. The room was nice and the view also, but when I saw the carpet, my "level of satisfaction" went down. It didn't look good, period!
I had some problems with communication with the staff. One English speaking person per shift....
The only one ATM machine near hotel takes only Chinese cards. That's not so convenient. The breakfast was okay with good selection of food.

RomanP

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

First off, this hotel does not have air conditioning. It’s currently 30C in Zhangjiajie in mid-late April and the hotel does not have its air conditioning system turned on. They told us to open a window. They offered to send up a fan, one hour later, still no fan. Front desk claimed fan was delivered but unless it’s invisible, I would disagree.

The room itself is relatively spacious but the carpet is stained in multiple places with who knows what and the bathroom is separated from the bedroom by a huge glass window and a see through blind... WHY?

Throughout our trip in China we have stayed in quite a few hotels and this “Best Western” is hands down the worst.

Reviewed April 19, 2018 via mobile

In China my requirement on hotels is basically the cleanliness.
I am staying here with a tour, the bedding and things that are usually touched looks clean. Things that don’t usually touched doesn’t feel that clean and I wouldn’t want to touch.
They provided the toiletries even I was told that hotels in China will not provide anymore.
What I am not happy with is the quality of the hair dryer. As a girl with long hair, my only expectation is a hair dryer that works. In my room, the hair dryer that mount on the wall works for couple mins then would stop, I think it’s because overheating. So then it needs to rest for 5 mins to be able to turn on again. So I asked for another one, i was glad at first however this second one only has “cool wind” so when you come back late and want to dry your hair ASAP to go to sleep. Sorry not for you.

Breakfast is so-so but still able to fill your stomach.

Reviewed April 9, 2018 via mobile

Arrived after midnight, for two nights. Lobby was darkened and no doorman. We were on a private tour so tour guide checked us in. Seemed to take forever and hotel reception staff were not unfriendly but not welcoming either. Room was ok but not non smoking as requested, room smelt of stale smoke, unfortunately in China many hotels do not really have no smoking rooms. Room was hot 27 Celsius and AC was useless. In daylight we noticed carpet was worn and had cigarette burns. Room was clean and had expected amenities. It has glass between room and bathroom with a see through roller blind. Not sure why, maybe some people like watching their partners use the toilet! Seriously, please use non see through blinds! Next day we asked about AC, sorry whole buildings on winter systems still so we endured 29 Celsius in the room. To be fair to the hotel the weather did cool down substantially next few days. Breakfast was sad, no other way to say it. Floor had not been swept from earlier eaters, many tables not cleared or still dirty. Food was obviously here from a few hours before. As an example, 20 fried eggs stacked stone cold with no heater lamp. Absolutely no atmosphere in the place. Management need to fix this, it is supposed to be a 4 Star Hotel, maybe put more attention on service and food and less attention on checking room keys when one enters the restaurant. They even would not allow my teenage daughter into restaurant when she forgot her room key, she had to go back to the room to get it. I really don’t think any one would volunteer to sneak in and dine here! When we returned for one night we were upgraded to bigger and better rooms and Bell boy was helpful. If I had a choice I would not choose Best Western, it is not a cheap local 3 star hotel, it is supposed to be part of a global brand. On the positive it is very close to the airport.