This hotel is ok for what you pay. The hotel is clean and our room had been recently refurbished, its typical european hotel room. One thing I did like was that the patio door had locks on, I always worry about my son or daughter sleepwalking.
There were lots of large groups of Sapnish, Italian, French and Japanese, some were on a football tour and some were just students on Easter Holidays. All in all they were well behaved, although it did get a little crowded around the buffet at meal times.
The food was good, all these people who quip about the food....It is Spain. On our first day we arrived I was really worried by what I'd read that some small minded people thought of the food. There was plenty of choice for everyone the usual Salad, Soup, fresh bread rolls and butter. For main meals there was Pasta and different Sauces, Pizza, Really lovely fish, Vegetables and of course Paella. There were choices of desert and Ice cream if you were still hungry.
I didn't find the drinks watered down either like others have reported. You did have to have plastic glasses which were tiny but that is just around the pool,so not so bad. The staff were friendly apart from the one miserable man on the reception, you will know which one he is if you visit.
We stayed there from the 1st - 4th just a quick break at the start of the Easter holidays. The weather was good except on the last day so we caught a taxi to Blaines and a train to Barcelona to visit some of the spectacular Gaudi architecture.
I have stayed at all inclusive in Ibiza before and they were about the same standard but much more expensive. Equally myself and my family have stayed at five star hotels in las Vegas and San Diego as well as other hotels in New York. While I can't see how this hotel has got four stars (more like 2/3) I certainly don't feel it deserves some of the reviews it has got on here. As others say if you want four or five star hotels then pay for them. Be realistic if you pay a bargain price you are likely to get a bargain hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star H•TOP Royal Beach is family oriented hotel, full of life and activity. It is located in Lloret de Mar, Costa Brava (north-east coast of Spain), just 100 meters from the beautiful sandy "Platja de Fenals" beach. The 153-room provide many facilities and services for adults and children. It is situated at 85 Km from Barcelona – El Prat Airport and 25 Km from Girona Airport. Lloret de Mar is one of the most popular cities in Costa Brava known for the lively nightlife and its clean&safe beaches. FACILITIES Rooms • Social room (ping pong, billard, etc. • Restaurant • Bar • Swimming pools ( one for adults and one for children; unsupervised pools ) • Sun terraces • Laundry room • Souvenirs/gift shop Children • Miniclub (really is children's activity room ) • Playground • Baby cots and chairs Spa area • Hot tubs (Outdoors. From 1/5 to 30/9) Staff • 24 hour Front Desk services • Multilingual staff • Housekeeping • Tour desk Others • Currency exchange • Car hire • Medical service (external service) • Air-conditioning • Heating • Safe boxes (in each room)* • Wi-Fi* • TV • Luggage storage (coin lockers) • Lifts • Bikes & quadricycles* *Some of these services are extra or require a deposit (ask at the Hotel) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your H.TOP Royal Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h Top Royal Beach Hotel Lloret De Mar
- Royal Beach Lloret De Mar
- Royal Beach Hotel Lloret De Mar
- H.TOP Royal Beach Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain