“better than expected after reading some reviews” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Evenia Olympic Palace

Evenia Olympic Palace
Ranked #3 of 126 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Gniezno, Polska
“better than expected after reading some reviews”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

I've expected noisy and dirty hotel following to some previous reviews at this site, but none of those were happened.
I didn't met any noisy Germans ( French etc. ) banging or shouting in the night or day at corridors.
Apartment consisted of two rooms, terrace and big bathroom ( the biggest I ever found in hotels ) with two washbasins, bathtub and shower.
You will find there a lot of free bath amenities including the toothbrushes.
Rooms are quite spacious but walls were painted in very dark colours, the same problem was with the furniture - the brighter coulours would fit better I think.
Rooms were equipped with the microwave oven and the fridge - it was very helpfull so there are many shops and markets with frozen food within a distance 10 minutes of walk from the hotel.
I would be fully satisfacted to get an electric kettle or coffee machine in the room.
All were clean .
TV sets are not so modern ( CRT type ) and should be replaced with the LCD soon.
The complex of swiminng pools are rather overcrowded - I would like to recommend the Fenals Beach ( 15 minutes from hotel by foot ) - very nice and not so crowded .
I've had breakfasts and dinners at the Magnolia Restaurant .
The interior of the restaurant was not spectacular but the food was quite good with a huge range of choice.
Only 'meat lovers' could be a little dissapointed in some days ( as I was ).
There is one fact worth to know- If you don't like to wait in the queue - you should be 5 minutes before the opening .
The restaurant staff was rather friendly ,the head waiter was very nice and funny.
I can't complain for the reception staff- the check in ( at 2 am ) and check out took only a minute.
The internet fee is vey high .There is a free kid-club and in the complex
I can recommend this hotel to families .

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Kingsbury, Warwickshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

I took the bus from Girona Airport after a Ryanair flight. the hotel was not far from the bus station but it was for me as I got lost despite using my Garmin satnav.. There seemed to be three or four hotels as part of the complex and I had no problem turning up at the wrong reception several times.
I was happy with my room and was allocated one of several restaurants for my breakfast and evening meal. Lone travellers like me and even couples seemed to be outnumbered by large parties of guests who did not seem to understand the concept of queuing at meal times. They always saw one of their friends in front of me and just pushed past to join them. Still the food was always worth waiting for.
My only gievance was the high cost of using we-fi. To use my own laptop I was quoted 4 euros per hour which seemed ridiculous as using their own computers with coin slots cost less than that.
Almost next door to the hotel on the Avinguda del Rieral I found a small café called "My Friend" The staff were extremely friendly and I enjoyed a couple of beers and free wi-fi connection every night so the hotel not only lost out on my wi-fi payment but also any profits on my drinks.
The excessive wi-fi cost would deter me from returning which is a pity because I liked everything else about the hotel

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank BrianfromKingsbury
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2011

EXCELLENT,EXCELLENT and EXCELLENT, from the time we came till' the time we left, Me and my family had an excellent excperiance. The room was great, clean and a great view over the pool, the food was OK. Free parking in the street.I would like to extend a very large THANK YOU to your staff especialy Mrs Vanessa at reception and the manager Mrs Maja for helping us resolve my problem when I made my booking, once again Thank You very much and I will definitely be recomending your hotel to my family, friends and colleagues.

Thank you and kind regards from Croatia.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank sjohnny00
Stockholm, Sweden
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2011

If you are looking for i quiet relaxing vacation this hotel shouldn't be on your list! First of all if you are unlucky to do the check in with the receptionist called Laura then expect a slow check in and no customer service at all,we arrived at 11 o'clock we asked her if there is any chance to get to our room earlier of course the answer was no,we were waiting till 13.00 o'clock in the lobby and when we tried again to do the check in she just skip us like she didn't see that we were there and started to do the check in for a group of 36 people who just came so we had to wait 30 min. for her to finish with them,after we get finally the room(very nice one,the hotel is pretty new ) we went to have lunch but surprise it was a 20 people cue waiting for waiter to come and tell them where to seat,the food was ok and good variety,after lunch we went to the swimming pool area where we found out that if you need a mattress for your sunbed you have to pay 2 euro,in the lobby if you want to have Internet you have to pay 4 euro for an hour and so on,to me it sound ridiculous to ask money for those things in a hotel as Evenia,we stayed before in Aquarium Hotel in Lloret and even if they are not so ''cosy'' as Evenia they offer the best service and a lot of facilities for FREE! Evenia Olympic is also very busy with groups of athletes which are very noisy so we couldn't sleep before 1 am,the mattress in our beds was really rocky,all in one this hotel was a bad experience for us,i do not recommend this hotel,there is so many other hotels in the area which are nice and having an excellent service as well!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank analorenatoma
Bournemouth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2011

Myself and 2 friends travelled to Lloret on last minute holiday, we just wanted 5 nights break away for some rest and relaxation. We manged to get some bargain flights into Girona, but had no idea how we were going to get to the hotel we booked. It couldn't have been easier, we jumped onto a bus at the airport for 5euros to Lloret and the bus passed by the hotel, and we then we had a 5 min walk. The hotel entrance had a wow factor, very modern with a lovely bar area. We arrived at 10am in the morning, and reception said our room was ready (even better), the room was exactly as advertised so modern and fresh; made up of 2 twin beds then a separate lounge area with a bed. We had a end of corridor room so our balcony was huge. By 11am we were sat round the pool. When we booked the hotel we didn't realise it was part of a complex of hotels, ours being by far the most luxurious, but this wasn't a problem, it just meant more pools and swim up bars. The bar prices were very reasonable, it was only 6euros for a house bottle of wine (tip: cheaper to buy the bottle than a glass). The food was lovely, breakfast especially. The hotel events program was so much fun, there is something going on every hour, from water polo to aerobics. As all 3 hotels join in there is always alot of people willing to participate. If you prefer to relax the upper deck has lots of sunbeds away from the music and mayhem.
Going into town in the evening is a 15-20minute stroll but a great location.
On check-out as our room needed to be vacated by 11am and our flight wasn't till later, they had brilliant facilities so you can put your suitcases away, have a shower and dry your hair. This hotel has thought of everything.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2010

Having spent a week at the Evenia Olympic Palace this month of August I can only wonder where the negative reviews come from!
We were looking for a family orientated Hotel and decided on this one, as we had never been in this area and felt like visiting this region in Spain.
I can only say...we got it right!

The hotel is situated around 8/10 minutes from down town but in reality, there is no need to leave the resort at all. A total of 4 hotels belonging to the same chain and sharing most common areas made our holiday truly enjoyable.
With 6 pools, daily entertainment for both adults and kids at different times during the day from aqua aerobics to kids club and different show every night, different snack bars etc. It was perfect for a family holiday. There is also a Spa which I plan to enjoy the next time!
We arrived a very sunny Saturday after quite a long trip from Barcelona Airport. We took a taxi this time but will be going for a transfer next year as we got stuck in a traffic jam for over an hour and ended up being rather pricey...not sure if because of the traffic jam or the not too nice driver!...Reception staff were very friendly and professional, the family room has a couple of glass doors from the kids area with curtains and a good sized balcony.
Modern deco and furniture, clean and big enough bathroom, mini fridge and microwaves!
Only fault would be beds are rather hard and bed covers quite rough!
Safe service costs €5 per day plus deposit of €20, but well worth it.
We opted for a half board’s basis which included breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is well varied with loads of options, from pastries and Danish to full breakfast with bacon, sausages, beans, scrambled eggs, fried eggs, omelettes, pancakes, churros, selection of cold meats, fruits, juices, coffee etc.
There was a lot of variety for dinner, salads, different starter options, a meat and fish grill (beef, lamb, pork, tuna, swordfish...), rice such as paella, risotto or pasta like fideua apart from penne and other options, different cooked main meals such as pork, chicken, duck, meat balls, French fries, fish stews... vegetarian options and multiple desserts to choose from.
You can order a bottle of wine and if not finished, it will be kept in the fridge for the following day with a tag with your room number. There were a couple of themed nights while we were there, Mexican and Spanish, both very enjoyable.
The whole resort is very safe and family orientated, you feel you can leave your kids playing around and keeping an eye of them from time to time and they are well entertained.
In general the staff is friendly and professional. Special mention to Eustaquio who was one of the Bar supervisors and never missed a smile.
There is souvenirs shop very close by and also pharmacy, magazine/press shop...etc.
I can only recommend this hotel as they made our holiday a fantastic memory. They know their market segment and have it down to a T.

We ended up not leaving the resort at all and having lunch in one of the snack bars by the pools every day....lunch for three with options such as hot dogs, burgers, pork chops and chips + drinks will cost you around €15...not bad at all.
Entertainment at night varies, but it is well worth it for kids. From Spanish dancers to Polynesians dancers, kids disco, acrobats, magicians.... alcoholic drinks very reasonable priced also.
The pool area has artificial grass and renting a lounge mattress for day will cost you €2 per person.
All and all I feel this is a perfect option for a family holiday and we all had a great time.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank casablanca2
Ramat Gan, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2010

This is a lovely hotel with all the amenities that a tourist expects for a peaceful holiday/
The staff were helpful and kind

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple