We've booked this hotel, based on our previous good experiences in sister hotels olympic garden (11 years ago) and 1 night in olympic suites (2 year ago).
This newest hotel has elevated the overall level of the complex. The rooms are decorated modernly, spacious and have all necessary things for an enjoyable stay. Our room was facing the street side, which is not that nice, but if we wanted there was the availability to change into a pool view 1 day later (which we decided wasn't worth packing our stuff and changing)
For families the rooms are well equipped with a refrigerator and micro wave, and a seperate sofa room, which can be closed of to the bedromm by a glass door. This allows you to watch tv or keep the lights on when children need to go to bed.
Overall the sound isolation of the rooms isn't too great. Depending on your neighbours this might get annoying after a while if load people or families with small childrens are in the room next too you, or children are playing in the hallways.
We particulary enjoyed the newer pool, as the artifical grass and seats where newer. The older swimming pool has grass, which gets muddy after a while. The is 1 fresh water pool (the largest, most entertainment) and 1 newer salt water pool (more quiet)
The all in formula worked well for us, sometimes you need to have some patience to get your drinks, but on vacation this did not bother me too much.
The location is nice, on walking distance from the center and beach, but not in the noise during the nights.
I enjoyed the food. Having spend multiple vacations in mainland spain, this is still one of the best in this price area. The dining area can get a bit noisy at the peak moments, but overall the atmosphere is nice. I've heared soem complaints about variation from other guest, but personnaly I enjoyed the spread. For breakfast there are everyday fresh eggs sunny side up, and omelets, bacon, there are always pancakes, sandwiches and churros. Rest is the standard breakfast items. If these are there everyday, of course the variation is not there, but I preffer this then variation between eggs, pancakes and churros, and not having the option to eat these at the days I choose. Evining and luch usually grilles fish & meat, and next too that some prepared dishes (I usually took the grill, which was nice). bottle of wine freshly opened at the table each time you order wine (even just 1 person), is something I appreciated.
Friendly, helpfull, not alwast fast in service.
Animation during the days and evenings was as can be expected
I recommend this hotel to anyone who wants very good value for there money, and doesn't mind staying in a large, family oriented hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Evenia Olympic Palace & Congress Centre is the perfect choice if you want to combine business and pleasure. The Hotel, opened in 2008, is the newest one of the Olympic Resort and it is ideal for families, romantic breaks, group celebrations and meetings or business. It has avant-garde design with wide and modern rooms of 35m2 approximately, with a 2 beds bedroom and hall with convertible sofa-bed, 2 satellite TV, 2 air conditioning units, safe, fridge, microwave, internet access, phone, spacious full bathroom with hairdryer, balcony, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Evenia Olympic Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Evenia Olympic Palace Hotel Lloret De Mar
- Evenia Olympic Palace Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain