“Extended our stay from 5 nts to 7!”

Eden Gateway Holiday Park
Ranked #4 of 10 Speciality Lodging in Eden
Reviewed 25 February 2017

Hubby picked this place as a meet up point with our friends of 2 couples. Internally I'm like - god I hope I like caravanning - as I've never done it. Externally I was like - Oh sure Hubby, it will be a blast!
Our plan was to stay 5 nights then move on with our mates further down the coast.
Let me just say - we extended our stay from 5 nights to 7. We loved this park - I really did, too. The bellbirds are gorgeous, the park is very large and quite well cared for. We didnt go at peak holiday times so I cant talk about that but I can see how families would enjoy this space. Plenty of stuff for the kids to do and has a nice and clean pool.
The toilet block was kept very clean and I had no problems with shower pressure or anything like that, with plenty of hot water.
Hubby said the office people were helpful and efficient - seems to be a young family and they are new. So perhaps the previous management have left.
We loved it and will be back - hopefully - oh..and I really enjoyed caravanning!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
EdenGatewayHP, Manager at Eden Gateway Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

Thanks for your review. I have just taken over management in the last 2 weeks but i have worked for the business for 4 years. So i am still getting my head around it all and i hope i do a great job, so very happy that you enjoyed our park.

Reviewed 24 February 2017

What a nice spot, I loved our overnight stay here. The cabin was huge and included everything needed for a comfortable stay. But the highlight is the lovely feel of the park itself - loads of trees and birds (the bell birds are amazing), and wallabies roaming around - what a lovely spot to sit on that verandah with a cold drink at the end of the day. The park is on the highway but we had no road noise issue. For such a large cabin in a lovely park, the price was fantastic. My only minor issues would be that the bath towels have definitely seen better days, our were a bit threadbare, and the second TV in the bedroom would have been a real bonus if we could get it to work. But I could easily have settled in here, and am looking forward to returning one day, hopefully for a longer stay.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
EdenGatewayHP, Manager at Eden Gateway Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2017

Thank you.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

This is a great value caravan park. we first booked for 4 nights January 2017 as we love fishing and quickly knew we would stay another week. We had a great 'look' around the town and Ben Boyd National Park and have fallen in love with this town, You certainly get a 'feel' for the fishing village . Lots of history here, along with
tributes to sailors who have lost their lives. The park is a Top Tourist Park so if you are members you get the best value for money we have ever had. The park is clean, very tidy and roomy sites. The beautiful song of the Bellbirds during the day is the only noise you hear. The only 'downfall' is the rubbish bins are big hoppers located at the toilets, so not close at hand and hard to lift the lids.

Room Tip: Grass of concrete powered sites available
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2017

we stayed at this caravan park in january 2017 for 3 nights on a powered site. it had a nice family atmosphere and was very quiet at night. we had a good sleep. we found it to be good value for money.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2017

I stayed here for a week between X Mas and New year. It was an OK camp ground. Certainly not the best in town.

Pretty unimpressed that the owner rudely ticked me off for filling up my camper's water tank. Says unpowered sites don't have access to water.

Pretty sure that's breaking some sort of law.

Won't ever be going back.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

Great park , family friendly large campsites , fantastic facilities to help make your stay as relaxing as possible would recommend to anyone. Close to town and beaches with walking trails on your doorstep , jumping castles for the kids , pool , tennis court free wifi zones , reasonablt peiced family holiday.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Trevor H
Reviewed 14 January 2017

The whole family had a great time. Wish we could have stayed longer. Nice walk to the beach and great play area for the kids. Very friendly and helpful staff. Will definitely be back, hopefully for whale watching.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family