“Fantastic range, welcoming & comfy”
Review of Giri Kana Cafe

Giri Kana Cafe
Ranked #11 of 275 Restaurants in Southport
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

Extensive range of delicious sounding & looking options, complimented by friendly, attentive service.

Great almond flat white, delicious, filling breaky & the cranberry & carrot cupcake thing (which I took away for morning tea) was just incredible. Simply devine.

Family friendly, high chairs readily available. The heater was going & a steady stream of customers, with some obvious regulars streamed through the door.

We'll absolutely go back again and again! Thank you!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

Plenty of undercover, outdoor seating. We enjoyed good coffees and dandelion latte for morning tea. Lots of gluten free treats available and the food looked fantastic. Very friendly staff. Good free wifi.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

Visited tonight on recommendation of a friend-so glad we did. Was able to fully accommodate my very picky food needs at the moment. Food was hot, fresh and tasty. Had the mixed plate and fell for a the koftas, delicious! Will be back for them for sure. Shared a veggie burger, didn’t love the pattie but the bread and salad was super yum and fresh. Took a slice of apple crumble home for dessert-delicious and the cashew cream was amazing! Staff were friendly and welcoming and I thought prices were really reasonable for what we got. There aren’t too many vegetarian restaurants around but would highly recommend you try this place. Heathy yummy food!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed May 4, 2018

Had the misfortune to have lunch at this Venue last week, Had a visiting friend who is an Indian Vegetarian. Checked out reviews on this site and chose this Venue.

Arrived at the restaurant and sat down at a table. totally ignored by the staff, particularly one who was wiping knifes and forks 3 metres away who was looking at us and ignored us.

Apparently you go the the counter to order - only worked that out when i observed other diners doing this.

I ordered Vegetarian Moussaka, my guests had a potato bake and veggie burger. The the food was a total disappointment. The veggie burger was the best of a bad lot. The Potato Bake was not tasty and my friend had one bite and left it. The Moussaka was an amorphous mess - just a blob of veggie in a tasteless unattractive sauce. I t was not edible.

Prices were not cheap - for what the served prices were really high.

Won't be back - surely there are better vegetarian options available. Can't believe the glowing review on Trip Advisor.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Pivotalguy
Reviewed January 28, 2018 via mobile

Came here with mum and this place has so many reasonably priced items and it actually tastes amazing. I got the organic birtcher delight which was delicious. I would definitely come back when I am town next

Date of visit: January 2018