“NOM, NOM, NOM, NOM! YUM,YUM,YUM”

Machan Indian Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 72 Restaurants in Eltham
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Machan Indian Restaurant Eltham Vic 3095 Australia
Reviewed July 12, 2017

For a Wednesday night, this restaurant was almost full! Always a good sign!

'Machan' is fully licenced and BYO (wine only), and also caters for the Take Away trade.
The Menu is 99% Gluten Free except for Samosa, Malai Kofta and all the breads~ although the sign on the Specials board stated that they had gluten free Naan!
We ordered Samosas (2 per serve) at $7.50 for our entree although we had already been given our Papadams on arrival with divine chutney to accompany them!
The Samosa were possibly the nicest I have ever had and I have eaten a good many in my time! Fresh and crunchy and with a perfect pastry case filled with plump spicy potatoes and peas! They were not dripping in oil and were a perfect start to our meal.
Our Mains were straight forward with one of my favourite, Palak Paneer ($15). This dish consists of generally homemade cottage cheese cooked in a creamy spinach. It was piping hot and had some spice though I could handle way more and will ask for more at our next visit! Still a great dish!
My bloke had the Lamb Balti ($18) and loved it. It had loads of lamb and spice enough to cause a sweat on his brow! We also had the Vegetable Pulao ($6.50) and a Plain Naans ($3.50) each. The Naan were also served freshly cooked and hot and were fabulous. My Mango Lassi was good and the Raita ($6.00) was well made too.
The table next door were raving about the Tandoori Mushrooms so that on our next visit list.
The Menu has all the usual's you would expect in an Indian restaurant.
The wait staff (mainly one young man) was excellent. Calm, competent, knowledgeable, prompt and attentive. Many restaurants with so few staff serving food, on such a busy night, would be in chaos, but not him so the atmosphere was relaxed and conducive to eating a good meal.
Machan is open 7 days a week. Lunch Saturday to Sunday from 1130 am -2.30 pm and Dinner 5.30 pm to 10 pm.
Prices are a little more but the food is worth it!

1  Thank Jane K

Reviewed May 23, 2017 via mobile

We have been to this restaurant couple of times and admire the consistency of the quality of food and service.
We have l recently visited on Mother's Day for family dinner. The restaurant was packed and I was expecting a slow service, however contrary to my assumption service was fast with the same courtesy and speed and to further amaze us the food was awesome as always.

The restaurant offers good spared of vegetarian food. I strongly recommend to try this restaurant for a great experience.

1  Thank Adityac7
Reviewed February 3, 2017 via mobile

Have come here for take away a couple of times but decided it was time to dine in....as expected a truly delicious meal..nothing disappointed...fantastic service which enhanced a great dinner. As usual, we over ordered despite thinking we had not ordered enough...the menu tempts a few offerings so I recommend trying what you want...you wont muck it up...

1  Thank George M
Reviewed December 27, 2016 via mobile

The best Indian food this side of the equator. Words cannot do justice to the did, everything we tasted was amazing. Superb hospitality, great food and amazing management.

1  Thank Sourjyo D
Reviewed December 24, 2016 via mobile

Delightful local family run Indian Diner.

The food is authentic Indian and full of wholesome fresh flavour, many options from mild to spicy.

The service is friendly and professional. This restaurant is always busy with diners and people eagerly picking up orders.

Highly recommend!