Free cancellation until 28/07
US$149
US$145
Hotels.com
Best Western Hospitality Inn Esperance(Esperance)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$80
Comfort Inn Bay of Isles(Esperance)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
Book now, pay at stay
US$81
US$77
Orbitz.com
Clearwater Motel Apartments(Esperance)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$94
Orbitz.com
Esperance Bay Holiday Park(Esperance)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$78
  • Free Internet
All reviewslounge roomsingle roomwould love to come backtoilets showerstwilight beachcape le grandenew ownersstayed here for nightsnetflixleaguegoldfieldstidyaustraliasheetscomfort
Reviewed February 15, 2016 via mobile

28 dollars which are the bed and the facilities which are both good (about the only positive thing about the hostel).
NO free wifi, NO free breakfast, NO free storage of your backpack and NO damn power point next to your bed. These things all come at a surcharge of 5-10 bucks each. Pathetic. The worst thing however is the managers attitude. They check you in and that's it. Not a smile, no friendly chat, not the slightest interest in their customers. I wonder sincerely why you guys run a business that you clearly hate?

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank jack_rose242
Reviewed February 6, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here 2 nights during christmas break. Nice location as we have a car. Town wasnt too far. Close by to iga fuel stations etc. The building is old but was nice. It was clean and tidy and kitchen was very spacious. We enjoyed our stay. No aircons etc but it gets cooler during the night and during the day u wouldnt want to be in the room anyhow. Esperance is beautiful. Will come again

The staff their is very friendly and very helpful

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2016

The place is old style and a little bit far from the centre, but this is not a problem.
The kitchen is very clean.
The 2 rooms were I have been were correct, in the first one, the only socket was not working, but in the 2nd yes.
When I woke up I found some bites on my body.
I put anti mosquitoes, but I found some more the next day and the old ones getting worse, with some small blisters (total of 12). The only places I have been were the rooms, the couches of the commn area, the kitchen and the garden.
I am NOT SURE if were some kind of flies (normal ones don't give me this strong reaction), some bedbugs (I alrady had one, once) or fleas from the dog, but they were and are not nice.

I didn't inform the staff, because I already informed them about an other issue and they were not so friendly. The light in the small common toilet in the corridor, was not working, there was a portable one the day before, but not now and I asked them, if was possible to fix it.
The lady informed me, I should use the toilet in the outside in the garden, where the showers were. Only 2 showers and toilets available for females there. One module with showers and toilets, just outside the rooms was not working either. No more facilities availables, that I am aware.
I informed I would give a bad review on internet and she informed me was not interested.
The day I booked in, I arranged a free drop off service at the bus station,but on the day I was leaving (today), due to the bad review, they told me to call a taxi and leave the premises.
I did it
Elena M.

Room Tip: Check that sockets are working
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed January 22, 2016

WA has a short history and not all historic buildings are grand edifices. This is the original Fresh Air League. A place where children from the Eastern Goldfields could escape the heat and dust by the sea and the building is pretty much as it was in the 1930s - basic..
It is clean, comfortable,cheap, quiet and across the road from the beach. Violet and Barry who run the hostel are friendly and helpful.
My room was very comfortable with great views but if you chose a dormitory you would, of course, take your chances. Most have 5 beds, so a great place for an affordable family holiday.
A bit of a hike to town if you come by public transport but walking along the beach and the newly built esplanade is a pleasure.
Recommended

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gwyn D
Reviewed January 5, 2016

The hostel building could do with a bit of a refurb but its such a great place to stay you soon forget about that side to it. Its right on the beach front, 10min walk from town centre, plenty of safe parking.
The hostel staff are the best and friendliest I have come across in Australia so far. Always ready to give a helping hand, ideas on what to do or where to go and always up for a nice chat.
We originally only planned on staying for max 1 week, but ended up staying in the hostel for over 6 weeks because we loved it so much!
If you can look past the actual hostel building, you will have a great time in a lovely, picturesque town with the best beaches around.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple