“pretty awesome”
Review of Super 8 Salisbury

Super 8 Salisbury
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Salisbury
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Really nice hotel. Comfortable room and everything was clean. Soft towels! Fridge and microwave too. Only minor complaint was the shampoo provided was in packets that are really hard to open, especially with wet hands. Basic breakfast, but satisfactory. One of the nicest Super 8s I've stayed in.

Room Tip: rooms away from the highway side might be quieter, but road noise was not bad at all.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 May 2012

I stayed here overnight while traveling from GA to VA. I went by the prior reviews here and I was not disappointed. Towels were fluffy and looked new, room was spotless, and bedding was clean and comfortable. Small nicks on the furniture and a spot or two of paint chipped but that's minor to me. Pretty much just looking for clean and that's what I got. Used the microwave for popcorn and it worked fine. The fridge never seemed to get cold enough for me, but I had a cooler so not a problem for me. Free internet worked well as did the AC.

I had already planned on staying here and picked up a coupon at the NC welcome center and received the room for $54 including taxes. Only down sides: 1) it's two story and there is no elevator. You park in the center of the hotel and the stair wells are inside on either end, so there's a lot of walking if you have several loads. Next time I'll ask for the 1st floor. 2) Smoking rooms and non-smoking rooms are on the same floor, smoking on one side, non-smoking on the other, which means when you walk by the doors you may smell smoke, but inside the room I didn't smell anything; however, I'm not overly bothered by faint smoke smell. Someone with severe allergies or aversion to being anywhere near smoke smell might not want to stay here. Otherwise, you shoud be fine.

I already picked up another coupon and will be staying here on my trip back. Coupon only good Sun - Thurs night, not on holidays and only for walk-ins, so you take your chances but the regular rate is only $5-$10 more, so still not a bad deal.

Right off the highway, so it's easy to locate (you pass it on your way to the exit and have to backtrack just a little on the access road to get back to it). I stayed on the back side and did not hear any traffic noise. I imagine if you stayed on the side facing the highway there would be road noise.

I would recommend and, as I said, will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Choose 1st floor rooms if you don't want to climb stairs and back side of hotel to be away from...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 January 2012

We recently stayed one night at the motel and could not be more pleased. We were in town for a family funeral and when I asked for an earlier checkin, was informed it would be no problem. The front desk staff was very fast and effiecent. The room was spotless and all the ammenities offered were great. Our beds were very comfortable and the linens very clean. I felt very comfortable walking bare foot on the carpet in our room. The breakfast was very good as far as a continental breakfast goes. I had no problem connecting to the internet at all. The next day when we checked out the desk clerk was very fast. We will definately stay at this motel again when we are in the area. We were so impressed with the overall stay and the condition of our room, that we left the housekeeper a tip!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dropdeadsmile
Reviewed 23 December 2011

The personnel were very friendly and efficient - check in and out was fast. The room was clean and large and had a refrigerator, microwave, iron, large screen TV. The king sized bed was very comfortable. The water pressure in the shower wasn't strong, but was adequate. The breakfast was basic. If highway noise bothers you this is not the place to stay; the hotel is on I 85. There are many restaurants closeby. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 November 2011

When you stay at a Super 8 you know that you are not going to get a well polished stay, but the Salisbury Super 8 dissapointed even my modest expectations. Although attractive on the exterior (some ongoing landscaping work), the interior corridors and my room were probably two years past thier scheduled renovation. Carpet was torn and stained, paint chipped, finish of furniture worn through. Linens appeared to be clean. I checked for bedbugs and found none, and opted out of the offered complimentary breakfast based on the appearence of kitchen area. What did I expect for $50/night

Room Tip: The hotel is very close to I-85 (hundreds of feet). Get a room on the backside if you cant sleep th...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 November 2011

I've stayed at some great super 8s (like Ashland, WI), and a horrid dump Super 8 (Kalamazoo, MI). Salisbury's was somewhere in between, but pretty good

. The value we received by using our Entertainment book phone number, was absolutely awesome.....like $40./night including taxes.

The staff there were very friendly, attentive, and helpful as best they could. Just make sure you get a room on the non/freeway side of the place, because you will hear the noise all night long if you don't run your air conditioner. Also, don't forget your lap top, because they have a PC in the lobby that is so ancient it might take a half hour for the initial web page to open. I forgot my laptop so can't comment on the wi fi, but it had to be way better than the PC internet. You'd think at the price of PCs these days it would be a very nominal investment to upgrade that.

The rooms were clean, but did have that slight old odor that we were able to ignore. We were in a non smoking king. The beds are quite firm, but was ok for us. The carpet certainly could use an updating, but again for the price, we can't complain.

The breakfast area was clean and set up nicely with a nice seating area with a big screen TV.

The location was immediately next to some major commerce, complete with a theatre, grocery stores, Walmart, Lone Star, I Hop, etc..........and easy on and off freeway access. Just about 20 minutes from Charlotte.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2011

we stay here every 4 wks for denist appt it is anice and clean an safe hotel will be staying a bunch more

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family