Oak Grove Motel(Salter Path)
US$90
US$80
  • Beachfront
The Inn at Pine Knoll Shores(Pine Knoll Shores)(Great Value!)
US$179
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach(Pine Knoll Shores)(Great Value!)
US$156
Hampton.com
Palm Suites(Atlantic Beach)
US$87
US$66
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach(Atlantic Beach)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$129
US$126
US$110
QualityInn
All reviewsatlantic beachfur babyemerald islewithin walking distanceplace to stayseafood marketpillows
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My husband & I and our 2 shelties just came back from a 1st time stay at this motel. I do not know how we missed this place for so many years but it is now our #1 place to stay at the beautiful Emerald Isle beaches. Everything and more than what you could ask for, and the folks that own/ run the motel are tops and very dear people that go out of their ways to satisfy every need. Very clean, very comfortable beds, wonderful fluffy large towels in the bathroom, and one of the best things about it, is meeting some of the nicest folks that are also dog lovers just like us and enjoy taking their pets with them on vacation. Cannot wait to go back!!!

Room Tip: We had a double and had plenty of space.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Joan1042
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Very nice quite place at the beach. 3 min. trail walk to beach. Can't beat the value. Rooms are small but, when at the beach why spend time in the room. Family hotel. with everything you need. Walk way to beach very nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank greenblock
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family and I stayed at the William & Garland Motel from 30 Aug - 3 Sep 2013. I won't waste your time so I'll tell you why you shouldn't stay here first and then tell you why you should stay here.
You shouldn't stay at the W&G Motel, because the fixtures are old and outdated. This is a no frills motel and you get barebones necessities. If you go on vacation looking for all the comforts of home and then some, this isn't the place for you.
Now here is why you should stay at the W&G Motel. This is a family operated business and the folks that run the place are as old the the fixtures, but there is this old cliché about Southern Hospitality, well these people are anything, but a cliché. They are a throw back to the old times and they take making your stay extremely important. Our microwave went out on the first day and despite our protests that another wasn't necessary, they had a brand new one installed the very next day. As I mentioned our stay was over the Labor Day weekend. How does $65 a night sound for a single efficiency? I doubt you'll top that anywhere in the area.. I said the fixtures were old and it's true, but they all functioned and they were all clean. This place is Pet Friendly and unlike other places in the area their pet fee is extremely reasonable, only $5 extra, unlike other places who charge you close to $100, which isn't very pet friendly in my eyes. The motel sits directly on the main road and there are numerous fish houses within walking distance of the motel. That's right I said walking distance, a 5 minute walk at tops. Now the reason most people come to the beach, is to actually go soak up the rays and play in the waves and W&G has this little walkway that takes you right down to the beach, a 5-10 minute walk depending how much stuff you drag down to the waves with you.
I think this place is a great deal and if you're like me and go to the beach for the food, the waves, and some fishing, well this is definitely the place to go. I know I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: The rooms are small so if possible go with the next size up, the cost is negligible.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank ncexnyc
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This is a minimal motel, but the price reflects that. Located on North Carolina's Crystal Coast, it is about 5 miles south of Atlantic Beach. This motel was built in the 50s(?) ... the proprietor said the initial price for an overnight stay was $5. Times have changed on the Crystal Coast and it is hard to find a place on the strand that is not well over $100 per night. The outside and grounds of this small motel are well kept. The rooms are clean and have new window AC units. The shower is tiled. Otherwise, rooms are very small and sparsely furnished. No breakfast.

But the reason my wife and I stayed here is the SECRET .... a passage from the backyard of the motel directly to a secluded portion of the beach on the Ocean. 100 yards at the most. So you can carry your chairs & cooler, but still run back to use the bathroom. Now that's hard to find and that's why we stay there. Please keep it a secret. (Also, there is a good seafood restaurant directly across the street.)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank MisterEd7
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was our first stay at William & Garland.This is a great place to get away from everyday worries and relax. William & Peggy are great people and treated us like family. You don't find people like this very often anymore. Had a great time. Several good restaurants and a fresh seafood market within easy walking distance. Will definately go back!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family