This motel/motel is essentially clean but it is expensive and ours was the worst room we have ever stayed in! It was also the only one available. The bathroom had wet, rotting,peeling walls and we wore our thongs in the shower....just in case. The radio in the bedside unit fell out when we opened the drawer. The iron was so disgusting I chose to wear crumpled clothes. The curtain didn't open and the only other small window above the door was painted black. There are mismatched chairs outside each room with tins alongside - for cigarette butts. This motel is charging premium prices and accommodating itinerant mine workers who must feel depressed at the thought of coming 'home' at night. To see the Mercure brand associated with this place was a shock. Anywhere else in town is possibly better.