“I enjoyed the sushi”

Osaka
Ranked #24 of 49 Restaurants in Shallotte
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed March 18, 2016

I went here with my family a few weekends ago as a nice surprise. They know that I am a sushi fanatic, so this was a good medium in the fact that they could also order a hibachi plate (they aren't as appreciative of sushi as I am). The atmosphere was very nice and the waitress was extremely friendly. I am one of those weird sushi freaks who can't stand avocado, so I asked if I could have my rolls made without them, and she enthusiastically told me that I could have them made however I wanted. I was impressed with the onion soup, as I have never had it before. I was a bit surprised that I enjoyed it so much since it had mushrooms in it, but it was actually quite good. My sushi was also pretty good, but I wish that it had a little more kick to it. The texture was essentially what I am used to and the overall flavor was nice. It didn't stand a chance around me! My family said that their hibachi plates were also great, so I think that this little impromptu stop was an awesome idea. I would definitely like to try it again soon.

Date of visit: March 2016

Reviewed October 19, 2015

This place is becoming very dirty. The granite table tops have a sheen of grease on them. I asked server to clean, and her dirty rag made it worse. There are spaces between the granite slabs filled with old food. The plates have a crusty film on them you can scratch off with a finger nail.

Too bad. The food is actually pretty good.

I will not return until this place is refurbished and cleaned up.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed October 16, 2015

When we arrived with a party of 8 the restaurant was empty but quickly filled up.
Our server was efficient taking drink and food orders in a timely manner.We sat at a grill table and of course the chef put on a show. The food was very good and the quantity served was more than ample.
Will definitely return again.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed August 28, 2015

I will definitely be going back to this Japanese Restaurant; Our cook was splendid and the food was Great.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed August 24, 2015 via mobile

My family of three went here to eat hibachi and its really good. Their steak and lobster is really great too. Aside from the food the Chef were funny and entertaining, my 20 months old son enjoyed the cooking show.

Date of visit: August 2015