“Back to teenage hamburgers”

HWY 55 Burgers and Shakes
Ranked #17 of 48 Restaurants in Shallotte
Reviewed December 28, 2017

Hwy 55 hamburgers are just like they were at the drive-ins of my teen years. Soft bun, great burger, chili, mutard, and onions-so deliious and always served hot. Diner with retro atmosphere. Good service and wide variety on menu. Great lunch place.

Reviewed November 8, 2017

quick meal for just me. great sandwich and fries with excellent orange aide done the old way of making with fresh oranges. staff was very punctual and friendly. the menu is very expansive and getting the feeling of the older days of great food and great service.

Reviewed April 15, 2017

We stopped on a Sunday night after a long weekend for take-out. The fellow at the cash register who took my order was chatty and sweet and helped me figure out what I wanted from a fairly extensive and unfamiliar menu. I can recommend the fries and the orangeade (seriously, I would drink that all day), but the rest was just okay. My husband could not eat his chicken sandwich --- all gristle --- and by that time we were all the way back at the hotel. The staff was great, the food was hot...just wasn't what we'd hoped and we probably won't return.

1  Thank Diana C
Reviewed April 11, 2017

The burgers are handmade, very well cooked, and have excellent taste. Hotdogs are good, too. Great little joint, with limited seating, and very reasonably priced.

Reviewed March 23, 2017

I have gone here many times..great place for a delicious cheeseburger and a chicken philly. The French fries are hot and crispy and plentiful. The staff are friendly and fast. It could look a little cleaner but otherwise the food quality is great and budget friendly.

1  Thank catdog97