“Creative donuts ”

The Filling Station
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Shallotte
Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

I was quite pleased to see the variety of creative donuts. The taste was good, but not fantastic. You could tell they were homemade so that is a plus. The coffee was alright and could have been better. The seating was limited. One employee (girl with French braids) was very nice and helpful. The other girl working did not really speak. It was quite busy due to the holiday weekend. All in all, not a bad place. I’m sure we will be back.

Reviewed April 30, 2018

I’ve lost count of my visits at this point. The treats are still very delicious. I was disappointed by two things. I wish the staff was more friendly. I think they are missing the boat in that area. The donuts are much smaller now than the first time I visited. A friend turned me on to this place the pic he sent the donuts would not alll fit down in the box. Now they fit no problem with room to spare. Maybe a cost saving move I really don’t know. I will continue to visit but am getting less enthused about it.

Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

Amazing donuts, c-nuts and apple fritter! The apple fritter is our favorite! Chocolate potato chip and maple bacon are fabulous too! Great way to start a morning!

1  Thank Dolly P
Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

If you love fancy doughnuts, these are as good as you'll find. A bit pricey, to be sure, but very fresh and well made. I actually prefer basic cake doughnuts, which aren't on the menu. So these were a bit sweet for my taste, but that's just a personal preference. If you like 'em sweet, with flavors you've likely never seen before , you'd love these. We arrived late in the morning, and the selection was limited.
I found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating.
One review mentioned that the fritters were to die for, and I do have a weakness for fritters. So I'll be back again, but earlier in the day.

1  Thank pafontaine
Reviewed August 27, 2017

Not my thing. All I wanted was a plain donut to dip in my coffee. Everything was loaded with toppings. I ended up with a jelly croissant. Too much jelly. Not going back. We love the Donut Man in Myrtle Beach. 1.00 a big donut !