US$89
Country Inn
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$103/night.

US$98
ComfortInn
US$107
Hotels.com
WoodSpring Suites Charlotte Shelby(Shelby)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$115
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$128/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 29, 2016

The manager is the kindest manager I have ever had the pleasure staying with. She went out of her way to accommodate whatever my unusual schedule required. My clean up hours were different from the normal hours. also not knowing the area she was able to give me a broad overview as well as any specific details from where to eat to restaurants that were rated higher than your average run or the mill burger joint. I will be staying there every time I am required to go to Kings mountain.

Room Tip: 2 story so if you prefer no stairs, request lower floor
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Denise S, Manager at Affordable Suites Shelby, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2016

Lance, Thank-you for the review. It helps my team to put more focus on where the greatest needs are for our guests. It is our pleasure to accommodate you and to make your stay with us an excellent one! Thanks again, Denise

Reviewed June 17, 2015

Manage was great from first booking my stay through my stay. The room itself was very comfortable as well as accommodating. The room was very clean. The other residents were nice. The rooms were quiet and you could not hear anything in the next room. The Wi-Fi required a C-6 internet cable but was fast once the cable was installed. I definitely would stay there again should the occasion arise.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be about the same. Management will assist in room selection.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Denise S, Manager at Affordable Suites Shelby, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2015

Thank-you, Pat, for your positive comments about your recent stay with us. I will share your kind comments, with my team, as we strive to exceed our guest's expectations. We want to make every guest experience pleasurable and memorable. Your recognition means a lot to us. Thanks again, Denise Sisk-Resident Manager and Staff

Reviewed April 8, 2015

I travel with my work and no where I have stayed can compete with the Affordable Suites of America in Shelby, NC. I was there from December until April and everything about my stay was great. The suites and entire property are well maintained and exceptionably clean. The suites are not the typical long term motel suites, but more like small one bedroom apartments. I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the suite, the cleanliness of everything, and by how quiet it was. Additionally, it is convenient to everything! I also appreciated that I could do laundry on site and that I could dry my clothes for one dollar without having to feed more quarters to the dryer.
Okay, I've told you about how great the place is to stay...hold on for the best part. Denise, Sandy, and Laurie put a lot of effort into seeing that the guests have every need met and that everything is spotless. They are dedicated to keeping the guests comfortable.
I can't describe how wonderful Denise is and what a great job she does making the guests welcome. She went way above the call of duty to help me on many occasions. Denise went to any length to help me. I would say she went the extra mile for me but, in my case, she went about a hundred extra miles. Denise is one of a kind. I could never thank her enough or repay her for all she did for me. Thank you.
After my experience at the Shelby, NC location, I would stay at any Affordable Suites Of America and I would highly recommend them to anyone. I wish they were in every place I have to travel with my work!

Room Tip: The bedrooms are all on the back side of the suites so I think any room would be good as far as avoiding traffic noise. I'm bothered by that at many places I've stayed and there was no road noise; therefore, I think any room would be a good choice.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank mysticshore
Denise S, Manager at Affordable Suites Shelby, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2015

Thank-you so very much for you gracious and kind comments. I have shared your review with my staff. We work hard to achieve being the friendliest, cleanest and best maintained hotel in our city and comments like yours make all that work worthwhile.
On a personal note, I was more than happy to be able to take care of you. We look forward to seeing you again in the fall. Having you here again will be our pleasure.

Reviewed December 16, 2014

I graduated from Gardner-Webb University yesterday (12/15/14) and I decided to stay at AS for two reasons: 1- I didn't want to drive to the campus because my family and I would have had to get up at 4:30 am (from home). 2- The great reviews of the property manager Denise Sisk.

I requested two rooms on the first floor, one for me and my fiancé, and one for my mother and my daughter. I needed them on the first floor for my mother has hip problems and cannot walk up and down stairs well. Denise went over the top for my mother! Denise gave my mother a room with a king bed, and the bathroom was handicap accessible, making it easy for my mother to shower and such. Very considerate.
Plus, Denise offered to open the office an hour early to accommodate my morning schedule, allowing me to pay for the rooms so we could get on the road for breakfast and get to the college on time. Instead, Denise was so thoughtful she let me pay that evening, allowing us to get a needed 30 minutes of extra sleep.
The rooms are clean and spotless, and very comfortable. 5 star service.

A couple of bonuses: You are literally across the parking lot of two great, family-friendly restaurants, a 24 hour gym, and shopping centers are less than 4 minutes away.

Thank you Denise for a wonderful experience, and your thoughtful considerations.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Timothy C
Denise S, Manager at Affordable Suites Shelby, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2015

Hi Tim, Thanks you so very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I will share your kind comments with my team as we strive to exceed our guest's expectations and make every guest experience pleasurable and memorable. Your recognition means a lot to us and to me! Again Congrat's on your graduation, Denise Sisk-residence Manager

Reviewed October 27, 2014

We stayed at AS for around two months during our relocation from the UK to the Shelby area. The suites are generously proportioned and kept really clean and looking wonderful by the amazing staff. The suites have a bedroom (with tv), a bathroom, lounge area (comfortable seating, tv and a dining table), a small kitchen area with a sink, microwave, fridge and cooker with oven. Free wi-fi and free local calls are also provided which is greatly appreciated during a long stay away from home. The whole outside area is really well maintained and looked after. There is also a laundry room on site. The suites are conveniently placed for access to Shelby and are also close to places to eat and shopping.

What really makes this place special are the staff who do a great job and really made me feel at home during my stay there. My husband was out working during the day but I never felt alone thanks to Denise and her wonderful staff (thank you Sandy for looking after us really good). Denise is a wonderful manager and really great person, who really went out of her way to help me any way she could. No matter what my query she always went the extra mile. I know she will still be there for me should I need her help in the future. Thank you Denise you are amazing.

I would highly recommend AS to anyone looking to stay in the Shelby area and would not hesitate to stay there again.

Doreen (& Steve) V

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Doreen7554
Denise S, Manager at Affordable Suites Shelby, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2014

Thank-you for taking the time to write a review on us on Trip Advisor! We work hard to achieve being the friendliest, cleanest and best maintained hotel in our city and comments like yours make all that work worthwhile! It was our pleasure serving you and we hope to serve you again in the future should a need arise.