“Home away from home”

Affordable Suites Shelby
Affordable Suites Shelby
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Shelby
Reviewed 25 February 2017

Well let me just say I was rather blown away my wife and I had booked a reservation here with Denise the manager and she worked with us fantastically and after my wife and I traveled for almost 13 hours wanting to get to our destination we didn't know what to expect but from the moment we pulled into the parking lot at 10:30pm so ready for a clean room and a comfortable bed this place did not let us down we walked into our room and was absolutely elated to find our room very clean and comfortable and the bed was just fine. Be assure this is an adult community and Denise takes that very serious you can go to bed without worry of loud parties and loud conversations outside your door. Now I will say that even though it was a extended stay there wasn't any dishes or pots and pans but that was a small thing the mini apt. was great to stay in and Denise was fantastic to know and do business with. I strongly recommend giving Denise a call and book your next stay at Afforable Suites Shelby.

Room Tip: Just tell Denise what you want and she will do her best to give you what you want in a room.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Denise S, Manager at Affordable Suites Shelby, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

Bill, I would like to sincerely thank-you for taking the time to do a review. I appreciate the gracious and kind words.
My staff and I try our very best to make it comfortable for our guests. We put forth our effort to make sure everything is as perfect for our guests as possible. Our reward comes when a guest actually notices the effort, as you have. We are always looking for ways to make things better for our guests.
Thanks again, Denise Sisk-Resident Manager

Reviewed 29 February 2016

The manager is the kindest manager I have ever had the pleasure staying with. She went out of her way to accommodate whatever my unusual schedule required. My clean up hours were different from the normal hours. also not knowing the area she was able to give me a broad overview as well as any specific details from where to eat to restaurants that were rated higher than your average run or the mill burger joint. I will be staying there every time I am required to go to Kings mountain.

Room Tip: 2 story so if you prefer no stairs, request lower floor
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Denise S, Manager at Affordable Suites Shelby, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2016

Lance, Thank-you for the review. It helps my team to put more focus on where the greatest needs are for our guests. It is our pleasure to accommodate you and to make your stay with us an excellent one! Thanks again, Denise

Reviewed 17 June 2015

Manage was great from first booking my stay through my stay. The room itself was very comfortable as well as accommodating. The room was very clean. The other residents were nice. The rooms were quiet and you could not hear anything in the next room. The Wi-Fi required a C-6 internet cable but was fast once the cable was installed. I definitely would stay there again should the occasion arise.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be about the same. Management will assist in room selection.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Denise S, Manager at Affordable Suites Shelby, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2015

Thank-you, Pat, for your positive comments about your recent stay with us. I will share your kind comments, with my team, as we strive to exceed our guest's expectations. We want to make every guest experience pleasurable and memorable. Your recognition means a lot to us. Thanks again, Denise Sisk-Resident Manager and Staff

Reviewed 8 April 2015

I travel with my work and no where I have stayed can compete with the Affordable Suites of America in Shelby, NC. I was there from December until April and everything about my stay was great. The suites and entire property are well maintained and exceptionably clean. The suites are not the typical long term motel suites, but more like small one bedroom apartments. I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the suite, the cleanliness of everything, and by how quiet it was. Additionally, it is convenient to everything! I also appreciated that I could do laundry on site and that I could dry my clothes for one dollar without having to feed more quarters to the dryer.
Okay, I've told you about how great the place is to stay...hold on for the best part. Denise, Sandy, and Laurie put a lot of effort into seeing that the guests have every need met and that everything is spotless. They are dedicated to keeping the guests comfortable.
I can't describe how wonderful Denise is and what a great job she does making the guests welcome. She went way above the call of duty to help me on many occasions. Denise went to any length to help me. I would say she went the extra mile for me but, in my case, she went about a hundred extra miles. Denise is one of a kind. I could never thank her enough or repay her for all she did for me. Thank you.
After my experience at the Shelby, NC location, I would stay at any Affordable Suites Of America and I would highly recommend them to anyone. I wish they were in every place I have to travel with my work!

Room Tip: The bedrooms are all on the back side of the suites so I think any room would be good as far as avoi...
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank mysticshore
Denise S, Manager at Affordable Suites Shelby, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2015

Thank-you so very much for you gracious and kind comments. I have shared your review with my staff. We work hard to achieve being the friendliest, cleanest and best maintained hotel in our city and comments like yours make all that work worthwhile.
On a personal note, I was more than happy to be able to take care of you. We look forward to seeing you again in the fall. Having you here again will be our pleasure.

Reviewed 16 December 2014

I graduated from Gardner-Webb University yesterday (12/15/14) and I decided to stay at AS for two reasons: 1- I didn't want to drive to the campus because my family and I would have had to get up at 4:30 am (from home). 2- The great reviews of the property manager Denise Sisk.

I requested two rooms on the first floor, one for me and my fiancé, and one for my mother and my daughter. I needed them on the first floor for my mother has hip problems and cannot walk up and down stairs well. Denise went over the top for my mother! Denise gave my mother a room with a king bed, and the bathroom was handicap accessible, making it easy for my mother to shower and such. Very considerate.
Plus, Denise offered to open the office an hour early to accommodate my morning schedule, allowing me to pay for the rooms so we could get on the road for breakfast and get to the college on time. Instead, Denise was so thoughtful she let me pay that evening, allowing us to get a needed 30 minutes of extra sleep.
The rooms are clean and spotless, and very comfortable. 5 star service.

A couple of bonuses: You are literally across the parking lot of two great, family-friendly restaurants, a 24 hour gym, and shopping centers are less than 4 minutes away.

Thank you Denise for a wonderful experience, and your thoughtful considerations.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Timothy C
Denise S, Manager at Affordable Suites Shelby, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2015

Hi Tim, Thanks you so very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I will share your kind comments with my team as we strive to exceed our guest's expectations and make every guest experience pleasurable and memorable. Your recognition means a lot to us and to me! Again Congrat's on your graduation, Denise Sisk-residence Manager

Reviewed 27 October 2014

We stayed at AS for around two months during our relocation from the UK to the Shelby area. The suites are generously proportioned and kept really clean and looking wonderful by the amazing staff. The suites have a bedroom (with tv), a bathroom, lounge area (comfortable seating, tv and a dining table), a small kitchen area with a sink, microwave, fridge and cooker with oven. Free wi-fi and free local calls are also provided which is greatly appreciated during a long stay away from home. The whole outside area is really well maintained and looked after. There is also a laundry room on site. The suites are conveniently placed for access to Shelby and are also close to places to eat and shopping.

What really makes this place special are the staff who do a great job and really made me feel at home during my stay there. My husband was out working during the day but I never felt alone thanks to Denise and her wonderful staff (thank you Sandy for looking after us really good). Denise is a wonderful manager and really great person, who really went out of her way to help me any way she could. No matter what my query she always went the extra mile. I know she will still be there for me should I need her help in the future. Thank you Denise you are amazing.

I would highly recommend AS to anyone looking to stay in the Shelby area and would not hesitate to stay there again.

Doreen (& Steve) V

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Doreen7554
Denise S, Manager at Affordable Suites Shelby, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2014

Thank-you for taking the time to write a review on us on Trip Advisor! We work hard to achieve being the friendliest, cleanest and best maintained hotel in our city and comments like yours make all that work worthwhile! It was our pleasure serving you and we hope to serve you again in the future should a need arise.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed at AS for over a month while working in the Shelby area. I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. Denise Sisk the manager was the most gracious and professional manager of a hotel I have ever met. The place was clean inside and out! Denise and her staff take pride in the appearance of the suites. There wasn't a thing I asked for that Denise didn't go out of her way to do!
I travel a lot for business and wish there were a place as great as this everywhere I go!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank lynchb01
Denise S, Resident Manager at Affordable Suites Shelby, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Thank-You so much for your kind words. It lets me know that my staff and I are on the right road with our guests. Everything we strive for is in your review. Thanks again.