“Excellent Barbecue”

Red Bridges Barbecue Lodge
Ranked #2 of 108 Restaurants in Shelby
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

Nice local restaurant. Nothing fancy.Good food. Nice people. Locally owned.Reasonable prices. Famous barbecue.

Reviewed May 22, 2017

Bridges barbecue has been a family tradition. Serving excellent food at an excellent price. If you want barbecue chicken you are in luck. They have the sweetest tea any where But come early sometimes they run out of barbecue at night They are closed on Monday and Tuesday.

Reviewed May 19, 2017 via mobile

The atmosphere takes you back to a time when dinners were the norm. We went on many recommendations. The BBQ didn't taste smoked at all. The BBQ sauce was like tomato paste. The beans like Campbell's pork and beans. The banana pudding was the only tasty thing. The lemonade was a mix. Very disappointed.

Reviewed May 18, 2017 via mobile

The best BBQ in Shelby nc. If you want good chopped and BBQ slaw and hush puppies you have to store in. Food is packed into a tray and comes with cup of hot BBQ sauce. Tea is super sweet. Would stop by any time.

Reviewed May 17, 2017 via mobile

The hushpuppies alone are worth the trip!! The green beans were delightful. The pulled chicken with the vinegar based sauce was extremely good. I was not enthralled with the potato salad. It had a hot kick, which was a little much for my taste. The banana puddin was good, but not as great as I might have expected, given the previous reviews. The puddin wasn't as sweet as I like, but that's me. The waitress was friendly and more than attentive. On another note, I disagree with the previous review that states, "Not Tx BBQ." It's good thing it isn't, as I just moved here from Tx, and you can keep TX BBQ in Texas as far as I'm concerned. Why would you be looking for Tx bbq in NC anyway. It's. preference thing and should not be dinged for that. NC, as well as SC bbq, have unique differences, but I'll take both over TX everyday.

I will cross this bridge again...although when I saw the sign...it reminded me of the "old" Holiday Inn signage :)) Checkin and ENJOY!

Been to Red Bridges Barbecue Lodge? Share your experiences!