All reviewsroom was cleansausage gravybreakfast hostessin townbreakfast buffetnice place to staysink areabagelsbathroom floorrubymallupgradesweddingpillowsnctub
Reviewed March 11, 2016 via mobile

Room was typical and adequately clean. They accommodated my request for a ground floor room. Staff was available and friendly. Nice breakfast offering and one of the evenings there was pizza for guests. Pool was not open yet as it was not warm enough but appeared to be cared for.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Christy S, guest services at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Shelby, NC, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2016

Dear Christina K,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give our hotel such a wonderful review. We do hope you will visit us again soon!!

Reviewed January 23, 2016 via mobile

Our room was clean, breakfast looked good, hotel was clean and up to date. We needed a roll away bed and it was an issue due to the type of room we requested. A staff member called back and made the change and upgraded the room. When we arrived the desk staff had moved us back to a 2 queen room and couldn't do the roll away. I asked why, he said he thought we would rather have the double which we booked 1st. There was even a note from management on our checkin sheet about the reason and the upgrade. He moved us back to the correct room but we had to wait for a roll away. If not for the issues I would have given 5 stars!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Christy S, guest relations at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Shelby, NC, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2016

Dear Kristen B,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give our hotel a review. We do hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2016

Fantastic experience in Shelby. Did not have reservations, but check in was extremely fast. Room was VERY clean - especially the shower/bathtub! Patrick Hill was the guy at the check-in desk and was efficient and very helpful - he answered all of our questions and because we were new to the area, made recommendations for restaurants, etc. Before my wife and I turned in for the night, he offered to make a fresh pot of decaf coffee for us. The guy went above and beyond to make us feel welcome!

To stay somewhere and actually feel appreciated for your business is something that seems to happen fewer and fewer times these days, but we were pleasantly surprised and will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I can't imagine any of the rooms to be any better than others...
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Christy S, guest relations at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Shelby, NC, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2016

Dear John M,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give our hotel such a wonderful review. I will share this with Patrick!! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed December 30, 2015

My family and I stayed at this hotel. It was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was satisfying and the staff was friendly. It seems like the hotel is a little older than the others nearby but it was well maintained. We would stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: Elevator was a little shaky, so you may want to take the first floor
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Christy S, guest relations at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Shelby, NC, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2015

Thank you so much for the kind review of our hotel. We do look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed November 20, 2015 via mobile

My husband, our two small children, and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Shelby, NC from 11/11-11/16/2015. From the moment I called the hotel to inquire about vacancies for our desired dates til the very moment we left to head home the staff was top notch. Everyone was so friendly, helpful, and polite. The hotel appears to be very well maintained, very clean, and styled attractively. One thing I noticed every time we got off the elevator to go to our rooms was the fresh aroma in the hotel. A lot of hotels have a musty, residual smoke smell but the interior of this hotel has a fresh clean aroma and that is always a big plus. The beds were very comfortable. We travel frequently and I usually do not rest well at all in hotels but I slept very soundly here. My husband raved about the pillows and joked that he wished he could buy them for our own bed. The internet was always up and running and we had no problems connecting or staying connected which is almost unheard of for hotels. My husband needed to print some items and when he went to the computer/printer in the lobby he was unable to print because the computer was down but he said the staff happily offered to print what he needed from their computers behind the front desk! That was such a nice gesture and it did not go unnoticed or unappreciated! We were in town for the Fire College going on at the local Le Grand Center and one of the nights we were there, there was a pizza and cookie spread in the hotel lobby. Our kids snatched up a few cookies and thought that was just the coolest thing before heading to bed. The complimentary breakfast is a big feature of the hotel and it doesn't disappoint. I appreciated the length of time it was offered (til 9:30am) since it allowed me to not rush in the mornings to get the kids out of bed so we wouldn't miss it. The options were plentiful- bagels, muffins, English muffins, cereals, oatmeals, egg & cheese omelets, sausage patties, gravy, biscuits, fresh fruits, juices, coffee, milk, yogurts, and their signature cinnamon rolls! They were surprisingly delicious- and I'm not ashamed to admit I snitched one every morning we were there!! Mrs. Mary in the breakfast area was an absolute sweetheart. She treated us like family and she was constantly cleaning and restocking the area and greeting all the guests who came through. The hotel is situated right next to the mall and in close proximity to area restaurants and the Le Grand Center which is where my husband had to be every morning.

The only thing I could critique the hotel on was that the staff seemed to take their smoke breaks directly outside the front sliding entrance doors. It was a minor thing we noticed but I always think it detracts from a business when smoking areas are situated near an entrance or main walkway so that others who do not smoke have to walk right through it.
We will definitely stay at the Holiday Inn Express again when we visit Shelby for future Fire Colleges!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Christy S, GUEST RELATIONS at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Shelby, NC, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2015

Dear Amanda W,