“Oysters in the half shell”

The Full Moon Oyster Bar
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2018

All indoor seats are at the bar. Oysters shucked in front of you. They are fresh and oh so good. Staff is knowledgeable and guided us thru all the options. Great place

Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I came in town on fathers Day because he had an interview the next day. The food was so very food. A must try is the shrimp and Alligator cheese Cake. Steve and Amanda waited on us and did a fantastic job! If we are ever in town we will be back.

Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

Good crab cakes and salmon. Also crab legs special. We eat there once or twice ever month. Potatoes really good side. Staff friendly, service good.

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed the crab cakes and bacon wrapped scallops as a starter. For mains we tried the salmon salad (excellent salmon preparation) and the Jamaican-Me-Crazy (perfectly spicy jerk seasoning on beef and shrimp over rice. The pineapple jalapeño chutney was the perfect accompaniment for the scallops and the Jamaican dish.

Staff was super fun, upbeat and attentive.

We will be back.

Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

I have been here numerous times in the past 2 years and this WAS one of my favorite restaurants. Today they failed. I had dinner with my buddy and we were both disappointed. To begin with the bartenders/servers, Justin and Devin, were more concerned with chatting up the women than paying attention to their customers. We had to ask for utensils, then some water, then for the potato salad and coleslaw that is usually brought without asking, then we had to ask for our oysters. Then for melted butter and horse radish. Bottom line we had to ask them to bring us everything they should have been bringing as part of the dinner service. We had the full moon. My favorite. Except this time it was less than stellar. The crab was over cooked and dryed out and stringy. And only 2 scallops! Wtf? There used to be four?? Also the potato side dish was horrible, not even seasoned like usual. Oh and the music sucked and was too loud. It was music for the twenty somethings working the bar when it should have been jimmy buffet or bob marley or any island theme. Oh and the server Justin was shucking the oysters wearing a rubber glove. Accident waiting to happen. And the oysters were tasteless. Bottom line- FAIL. I will give you one more chance within the next month to return to your previous standard of excellence. If your establishment continues this poor service you will lose your customers. Fix your problems so we can have a great seafood place stay in Southern Pines.

1  Thank Mike M