“Get Sushi! ”

Tengu Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #61 of 89 Restaurants in Southport
Reviewed November 10, 2015 via mobile

Great sushi- rolls are tight and the presentation is beautiful! We love this place! Conveniently located. If you are in the area go!!!

Reviewed November 9, 2015

Hibachi dinners are great! Plenty of food on plate. The shrimp was so good too!
Had my family from out of town with me and my husband and they loved it too!

Thanks

Reviewed July 11, 2015

The service was okay. The food was okay. The prices were a little steep for the quality and the portions. If you are going to pay the prices here, you are better off going to Miyabis (or somewhere like that). I ran out of drink multiple times because there was only on person working the floor. I understand it is a smaller scale restaurant, but they need enough staff to accommodate the demand. I didn't hate it, but I certainly didn't love it.

1  Thank Jessica G
Reviewed July 10, 2015

Quite honestly, we should have left immediately, but we decided to give it a chance.

Best for me to leave it at maybe on a good day, this place will be a low mediocre.

But, the place IS FILTHY. If you go here, wear dark sunglasses.

We didn't see a rating by the health department, so maybe that isn't done in Brunswick County. Were it do be done, I'm positive this place would be closed within minutes of an inspection.

1  Thank KT K
Reviewed May 19, 2015 via mobile

I love this place so much. My favorite thing has to be the clear soup, also known as onion soup. I know you can get it anywhere but it's just so good! The hibachi show is always fun to watch :)