“True Bar-b-Que for Transplanted Texans”

Southport Smokehouse
Ranked #6 of 93 Restaurants in Southport
Price range: US$5 - US$17
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Hickory-smoked pork, beef, ribs, sausage and chicken in a family-friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed May 31, 2016

We love dropping by here and ordering a pound of bbq beef brisket and taking it home. It's true Texas bar-b-que cooked the way God intended. Yum--it melts in your mouth. Last year I ordered a whole brisket for a family celebration, and let me tell you, our children and grandchildren were happy campers. Then, last November, I ordered a smoked turkey for Thanksgiving. That was a great decision. Not only was it the best turkey any of us had ever had, it was reasonably priced, and they carried it out to my car for me. I appreciate things like that. We highly recommend the Southport Smokehouse.

sm0keh0use, Guest Relations Manager at Southport Smokehouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2016

Thank you so much for the words. Last year was our first time offering the smoked turkey's and we will be having them again this year!!!! Please tell your friends, we want an overwhelming amount of orders for Thanksgiving 2016!!!! See ya soon.

Reviewed May 30, 2016

We stopped to get ice beside the smoke house and it smelled so good that we decided we would have to eat there. Best decision! The pulled pork and brisket were very good, sides were good and they gave us good size portions. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed May 30, 2016 via mobile

I've titled this review 'Tina Turner', because this place is 'simply the best' I have never visited such a satisfying stereotypical American bbq place in my life. The pulled pork and ribs were simply execellent and I think I could eat them for the rest of my life. The ordering style is unique and provides a different fun edge to restauranteering. The décor is also eye candy to look at and if I return to North Carolina I will be sure to put this place ad a high priority visit once again. A VERY high recommendation.

sm0keh0use, Public Relations Manager at Southport Smokehouse, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2016

Hey!!! Thank you so much. We work very hard to please all our customers and to hear that it's up there with Tina Turner is awesome!!! Thanks for the review and hope you come back sometime soon!!!

Reviewed May 21, 2016

The service is great. Relaxed and very casual atmosphere. I do like most of the food. The banana pudding is really really outstanding. The smoke sausage is very good. Great smoke flavor. I love the brisket also, but I would like a larger serving. The bbq is delicious. They have a great variety of sauces.

Reviewed May 21, 2016 via mobile

Love this place! Every time I come to Southport I have to stop here and pick up some of their value packs to take home to friends in Philly. Probably the best pork and brisket around!