“Yummy smoked delicious ”

Terry's North Carolina Barbecue & Ribs
Ranked #28 of 93 Restaurants in Southport
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: The finest Hickory smoked Carolina Pork, Texas Beef Brisket, Memphis Spare Ribs and Barbcued Chicken along with Side of Mac and Cheese, BBQ Baked Beans, Country Green Beans, Red Slaw, White Slaw, Potato Salad and Cornbread. Award winning sauces and "The Greatest Ribs in America" (Rib America Cook-Off Cleveland, OH.,"Peoples Choice", Memphis, TN (Memphis in May, Memphis, TN)
Reviewed August 24, 2017 via mobile

Stopped here on a whim it was amazing! Turns out the owner used to do the bbq circuit and won a lot! The ribs were tender juicy and beautifully smoked! Kids had the smoked chicken and Mac and cheese also fantastic! We will be back soon!

Reviewed July 10, 2017

People were very friendly and helpful but I'm from MEMPHIS and was expecting real Memphis dry rub ribs but didn't get them, maybe I misunderstood the menu...however food was tasty and worked out fine for a quick lunch in a friendly beach place!

Reviewed May 4, 2017

Terry's is off the beaten path and an amazing alternative to the numerous chain NC bbq joints. Not only does the brisket melt in your mouth, it's easily some of the best pulled pork I have had in a long time. Meats are served with a rub or seasonings but the sauce is on the table letting patrons add a little or a lot of either their tangy, slightly peppery house made BBQ or NC vinegar sauce (don't forget to shake the bottle first!). Isabel recommended the BBQ for ribs and brisket, vinegar for the pulled pork and she was spot on. She is an amazingly friendly host and I immediately felt like I had known her all my life which really added to my experience at Terry's. I was lucky enough to also catch Terry before I left and he's just as welcoming as she is! Terry's BBQ is definitely worth the extra miles off 17N between Myrtle Beach and Wilmington so take the time and enjoy. You will not regret it...unless you forget to take home a jar of sauce or extra helpings.

Reviewed March 11, 2017 via mobile

We live right down the street from Terry's and just went there for the first time last month. I can't believe what we've been missing out on all this time! It's an unassuming little store but don't let that fool you. The owner Terry waited on us, what a nice guy! The place was very clean. We've been back several times since then. They have the best smoked chicken I've ever had. My husband orders their ribs and pulled pork and those are both delicious as well. The smoked chicken works well with my weight watcher points and my husband can still get his ribs and pulled pork. Win, win!

1  Thank 235SandraG
Reviewed February 25, 2017

Good barbecue and ribs. Decor not much, but food is excellent. Ribs are particularly good as is the pulled pork.