“Great breakfast”

Ranked #15 of 67 Restaurants in Surf City
Price range: US$8 - US$26
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Description: We are a locally owned and operated family restaurant
Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

I like going to Batson’s for breakfast. They are very reasonably priced and you get your order quickly! The owners and wait staff are very friendly. ♥️

Reviewed May 26, 2018

The grouper at this restaurant was watery when I had it, I complained and the kitchen Mgr said well you ate half of it I said look in the napkins on the plate and you will find the other part of the fish. A friend of mine went there recently and cost them close to 70.00 just for flounder ridiculous price for flounder. Haven't gone back, but I can say breakfast is a lot better most of the times. Service is kinda slow sometimes.

Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

Stopped by on a Saturday night. This is what you would expect from a diner in a beach town; menu is heavily geared toward fried seafood with a limited number of other options. Sides are limited. The food was good, but not outstanding. The wife had fried shrimp which she said was "OK, but not gotta have". My grilled pork chop was well seasoned and not over cooked. My biggest complaint was when I ordered beets, they turned out to be pickled. Who serves pickled beets? I think I would specify that. Service was fine and the price was reasonable. Everything was fine, but not exceptional.

Reviewed April 6, 2018

A basic Mom and Pop's eatery serving freshly prepared seafood, sandwiches, and plate specials. Moderately priced and adequate servings. A family type atmosphere, not fancy but clean. I had the mullet lunch special-----moderate serving size, one fish, fries and slaw. My wife had a chicken salad plate which she thought was really good chicken salad.

Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

If you're hungry and it's a Monday (lots of other places are closed), it's not a bad place to stop for a quick bite. We were there around 2:30 for a late lunch and there were, thankfully, only two other tables that were occupied...one by a solo diner and the other by two women, one of which felt the entire establishment wanted to hear the myriad details of her upcoming nuptials .

I ordered the crab chowder and grill cheese (a special), both were good although the chowder would have benefitted from a little more crab, but who wouldn't want that, right? Hubby ordered a club sandwich with fries. Sandwich good, fries were no better than Oreida. Not that I would know since I'd have to be starving on a deserted island to go near that product, but I think you get the visual. Definitely NOT fresh!

Overall, it's pretty decent service and food, but I get the feeling breakfast is their best meal of the day.