“A New York Girl Approval”

New York Corner Deli
Ranked #6 of 68 Restaurants in Surf City
Price range: US$1 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

If you live in North Carolina you know “deli” is not part of the vocabulary. Also, as a general rule any restaurant featuring “New York” preceding the rest of the title is a clue that it is NOT anything you would find int he NY metro area. To see things on the hand-written board like knish, bagel and lox, Taylor ham, and foods categorized as what you would find in the City or in Brooklyn harbingers what the meal is like.
Their soups are great. They sold out of crab last night, so to use the word “settled” in regard to the chicken soup is not accurate. BTW, open from 7-4, the soup is on early. The NY skyline is painted cleverly on a couple of walls. I️ loved their logo tees so much (NYCD), I️ bought two for gifts. The home fries are the real deal, although there are no peppers, they are flavorful. My husband had breakfast twice, once was French Toast and the second time he had a western omelet. He enjoyed both. I️ broke the rules and ate lunch for breakfast-liverwurst on rye once, and then turkey on whole wheat. They were stuffed to the magilla. The only downside was that the rye bread was not what a New Yorker would consider real, but toasted it was wonderful. There is bar seating around the perimeter and not a whole lot of tables inside, but there is seating outdoors as well. I️ see it is a popular take out place. No trip to the island is complete without a visit here!

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Don’t be in a hurry.... this is NOT FAST FOOD! ITS MADE FROM SCRATCH- Local and delicious. NY. In NC. The best fresh ingredients- makes the difference

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in recently and had the best steak sandwiches we've had in a while. We came during lunch and did not have a very long wait and were happy with the selections and prices. The food came out fresh, hot, and very very good. I got the regular philly while my wife got the rocky balboa (a philly on garlic toast with mushrooms basically) and both were awesome. We will return.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Loved the Ruben. Delicious and easy take out. The French toast was also great as we ordered it for our daughter. Enough for 3 meals for her little appetite. Would have gone back for another meal but tried some others instead. Should have came back.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Been coming here for over 10 years now has new owner each Visit has been going downhill today I ordered fries extra crispy they bring me extra raw and when I told wait staff response was I'm not the cook and walked away no ..oh I'm sorry. Let me get you another order, other people have been waiting over a half hr and still no food this place days are numbered