All reviews beautiful campground campground staff catch and release rv sites dog park camp store pancake breakfast small lake black mountain several times during the night deluxe cabin river running quiet hours pretty lake been coming here for years own bathroom little river
Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

Been coming here for years but over last few the camp ground hasn't lived up to the koa standard here's the issues
1. Campsites to close together
2. Loud train
3. The bathrooms oh lets start there so only 2 stalls in one of the men bathroom really ? They have few restrooms on the property but only 2 bathroom stalls to do your business but when camp ground gets packed it's always full. Also the toilets are small like really small how can you sit on it ?? Like really ?
3. Campground ain't that clean anymore honestly
4. People always sitting on the bridge or standing on it and there not supposed to and holding up traffic to
5. Overall disappointed with this campground

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank bejan92
Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

Just spent a 4 day weekend there with 6 adults in town for local attractions.
We were fortunate enough to be on the 2 best, biggest, most private, beautiful sites!
Downside to that was the bath house was a very very very very very very long way away! #12 & #13. It would be a great idea if the KOA people are reading this if they drop a couple of porta potties on that side as there are not full hookups and it is quite a hike that was our only downside.
Other than that are experience was awesome the sites were beautiful the lake was pretty all day, Campground was clean and staff was friendly without being intrusive. The rest of the sites were teeny-tiny tightly stacked. I would only go back there if I could stay on the same sites.
Bring your tube and your golf cart and you will enjoy the heck out of this place thank you for a wonderful time!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2017

Wife and I checked in on Sunday and we were impressed with the park. On the second day there we were at the pool area I am disabled and use a service dog after spend about an hour there an employee came in and stated we needed to leave the pool deck. I tried to explain the laws with service dogs to the guy he then radioed the office and told whoever that it was a service dog and they said i had to take my dog out of the pool. Due to the pool area being full of people I left. later that evening an front desk employee came to say sorry. I really feel a member of management or the owner should have done this. They need to know ADA service dog laws. we stayed in A-3 by the river. and yes the trains are loud!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

We typically stay in KOAs when a state or federal park isn't really an option. This KOA is why. It was overcrowded with way too much to do to call it camping. There were so many toys to rent that it approached an amusement park. Our site was next to a little creek, which was nice.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark L
Reviewed July 5, 2017

We had no problems with this KOA except for the train and the noise of the traffic. It is right next to not only a very busy highway, but also a very active train track. My kids loved playing ga-ga ball, and several kids played with them as well. The pool water was so cold the first day no one was in it except for us. The staff was fine. The camp sites are extremely close together. I would never, ever stay there again.

Room Tip: You can't avoid the noise of the train. Even our friends who were father away said it kept them up.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family