“Great if you are a Local I suppose.”

Grub Brothers Eatery
Ranked #3 of 73 Restaurants in Washington
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of the downtown Washington Historic District you will find Grub Brothers Eatery. We are a Local restaurant known for its twist on it's Southern and Cajun Cuisine. It’s friendly and upbeat atmosphere gives our Grub Brothers and Sisters the perfect southern hospitality experience. Grub Brothers Eatery enhances your dining experience with warm and inviting private or semi -private dining areas and a full service bar. Whatever the occasion; weddings, family reunions, business meetings, birthdays, class reunions or special celebrations, Grub Brothers Eatery is the place to celebrate, and we look forward to celebrating with you. “We Celebrate…Well….Everything!” Fun & Friendly Restaurant Open 7 Days, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Wine, Craft Beer, Outside Seating,Takeout,
Reviewed August 4, 2018

We made the mistake of going for lunch on Friday. We sat in the bar, figuring we would eat quicker. The server was injured, she explained that, but then afterwards spent all of her time talking to the locals drinking beer at the bar. Ordered a bowl of soup and blackened chicken tacos. Food did not come for 30 minutes. Wife's soup was good, hot. My chicken tacos were awful. Description said "tomato, lettuce, cheddar cheese on flour tortillas". What I got was a few pieces of (maybe) grilled chicken in some green crap (I suppose guac??). Sorry, life is too short. Not sure why this gets good reviews. They seemed to have a nice beer tap. I guess just don't eat.

2  Thank Ed E

Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were exploring downtown Washington, when we came by this restaurant. So glad we stoped in to eat. We ordered a Reuben sandwich with sweet potato fries and hand cut beef wrap with regular fries. All the food was exceptional and hot when it came to the table! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone with an appetite.

1  Thank Nancysjackson63
Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I took a mini trip to Washington to try out Grubs. We were very glad we had heard about this place. The food was excellent! I had a shrimp po’ boy. Fat juicy shrimp! My husband really enjoyed his grilled cheese sandwich and Brunswick stew. The building is historic and the staff very friendly. Bring your patience. It took a bit of time before our food came out, but, it was worth it!

Reviewed June 27, 2018

We don’t get to the eastern part of NC very often, and were very pleasantly surprised by this little gem of a restaurant in tiny Washington, NC.
Inventive menu, nice service, food was hot and very good.
The only downside is that the dining area that we were in was a little musty smelling. The restaurant is in an older building, and I suspect there’s not much that can be done about it.
If you’re ever in Washington, NC, stop by you won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

They have the best fried green tomatoes and okra fritters. Wait staff is good and other food is delicious as well.