“Very busy”

El Charrito Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 73 Restaurants in Washington
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 10, 2018

Went for lunch, glad we went early as the place filled up for lunch, can't tell if it is always this busy or because it was taco Tuesday. Many choices on the lunch menu to choose from. Ask waitress if the chili rellano was deep fried, she said yes, guess she doesn't know what deep fried means. The chili rellano was filled with ground beef, then grilled and topped with some cheese sauce. Rellano I have had before are filled with cheese. Not much flavor to the ground beef. My other half ordered the steak burrito lunch special, he also said the steak lacked in taste. We would try again but order something different. My margarita was good but served in a glass that was more like a wine glass. Prices were good and plenty of food. Staff was friendly and checked often to see if we needed anything. Restaurant was clean.

Reviewed April 12, 2018

Very friendly staff, greeter and servers. Extensive menu. Nice selection of beer and wine. Delicious food, appetizer, entrée, my party of five was well fed and very satisfied. At least one app rated El Charrito best Mexican food in the town, among the half dozen or more listed.

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

Rating the Express location also on 5th Street.

I went alone on a Sunday afternoon. They let me customize and order something not on the menu. Wait staff were friendly but left me alone to do some needed things on my phone, too. Offered a to go beverage without me asking. Price was good too!

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

Everything is delicious! The place is usually packed, which speaks to their wonderful food. Service is quick and always pleasant.

Reviewed January 10, 2018 via mobile

I eat there at least once a week. The food is great. Daily lunch specials. The staff is so friendly. If you want a drink with your meal, the margaritas are very good!