“So disappointed”
Review of Apple Creek Cafe - MOVED

Apple Creek Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 13, 2016

Wanted to try something new in Waynesville so we stopped at Apple Creek in downtown for lunch. The menu does not adequately describe the food. I ordered fish taco thinking it would be similar to other fish tacos I've had. When it came I was surprised to see it was deep fried and served on a bed of slaw inside a soft taco. My husband ordered the nacho platter which also had no description. It was just a plate with a huge amount of chips, with a little liquid cheese dribbled over it and a few slices of jalapeños. He paid extra to have some pork on top. No sour cream or beans. Just to add to the disappointment, the beer glasses are not chilled. We will not be going back.

Reviewed February 8, 2016

We ate here because several of our neighbors raved about it. That might have skewed our rating as I didn't feel it reached my high expectations. The sandwiches were fine, nothing to write home about. Outdoor seating was good.

Reviewed February 7, 2016 via mobile

I thought I would try their new restaurant on Main Street hoping for the best . The interior was very nice with a beautiful bar . This is where my good experience ended . Waited for 20 mins once seated with three waitress looking at me . I order chicken tacos fast forward 45 mins and I get cold chicken tacos . I could have got better at Taco Bell . I understand it is their first week , but training and good food is a must . You may want to give them a few weeks to work out everything .

5  Thank Brad P
Reviewed February 6, 2016

A group of 11 went in for appetizers and drinks around 3 February 6th. We had to wait about 10 minutes to be seated. Then we were told it would be 15 minutes before we could order because the kitchen was backed up. Here's where I'm confused.... You are a restaurant how can you get that backed up!! Needless to say it took FOREVER to get our food. We ordered 3 appetizers and two sandwiches. The manager came and told us they were out of onion rings. A few minutes later, the waitress came back and told us the didn't have the stuff for one of the sandwiches. Another confusing part, they turned down at least 5 different groups of people who came in to eat. Each person was told that it would be a 15 minute wait before they could order. The amount of time never changed when those different parties came in but clearly 15 minutes was up. An older couple came in for dessert and the hostess didn't know what to do with them. She left them twice to go inquire as to whether or not to seat them. If they don't step up, they won't be open long! The appetizer was good and service was ok! They did have a variety of menu items which was a plus!

3  Thank browniesouthcarolina
Reviewed February 5, 2016 via mobile

We eat at just about every resturant around Waynesville and we rarely try something new and this time I am so glad we branched out. This was the BEST resturant experience we have ever had. The manager Macy was incredibly attentitive and so nice! Our server was Sammy and she is by far the best server we have ever had! I would HIGHLY recommend this resturant to any Waynesville natives or anyone out of town! There aren't many places to eat at anymore where you can say you loved every aspect of your dinner. From the good to the staff to the environment, I give this resturant an A+.