“GREAT FOOD”
Review of Donna's Country Kitchen - CLOSED

Donna's Country Kitchen
Reviewed May 24, 2016

I love the food here. Great country food but the only thing I hate is that its not open for supper and the restaurant needs to be bigger.

Reviewed January 15, 2016

We stopped by Donna's for a quick lunch. There were several specials, including the boneless pork ribs which I chose, with green beans and corn bread. The ribs were simmered in a traditional sweet barbeque sauce with just the right amount of heat. The pork was tender and moist...delicious. The green beans were perfectly seasoned and the corn bread was very good, moist and fresh. The homemade soup with grilled cheese was very good. Lunch for two, including beverages and tax, $16.

Recommend giving Donna's a try. Save room for a $2 homemade dessert.

Reviewed November 20, 2015

We've been here a few times, never a complaint. They're just open for breakfast and lunch now, a shame because we really liked it for dinner back in the summer.

Most recent visit, I had a hamburger steak lunch special, with mashed potatoes and cabbage. Everything very well prepared, well seasoned, hot, fresh. Cabbage was excellent. Tasted like a family dinner with one of the better cooks in the family. Cornbread was quite good, warm, moist, not sweet. My friend had homemade soup and a grilled cheese...very good she said. The two lunch specials included drinks for a total of $16. Homemade coconut pie was excellent and $2.

They have very good meatloaf, great burgers (and also Smithey Burgers). Selections vary for lunch specials and sides. Dessert selection also varies, but all homemade and all just $2.

Donna is a great hostess, the dining room is nothing fancy but cozy and clean. Food is unpretentious, generous and tasty. Even food snobs will like it if they let themselves.

Reviewed October 7, 2015

First of all, I really like Donna, who owns and manages Donna's Country Kitchen. She has always been pleasant during my visits and appears to be a really hard working lady. I have eaten breakfast and lunch at Donna's several times during the past three years while passing through, and each meal was good. This is a no frills country restaurant, where you walk up to the counter, place your order, get a empty cup, dispense your beverage, and have a seat at a table. Your order will be brought to your table.

Now, having said that, I have had a couple of visits to Donna's that were upsetting to me personally. On both occassions, a gentleman was smoking at a table inside the restaurant. Donna was fully aware of the gentleman and said nothing to him, which has been banned in North Carolina since January 2, 2010. I don't have a problem with people who smoke, but I do have breathing problems and can't handle the smoke. Should I have reported this? Probably. But Donna is such a nice lady, I just didn't have the heart to do it.

Reviewed July 11, 2015

Donna's is one of the few surviving country restaurants left around! Everything is prepared fresh and by hand! Just like eating a good country meal at home. The staff is very friendly and welcoming! Good food and good prices!