“Great Catfish”

Smoky Mountain Barbecue
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed August 27, 2017

There is consistent good food all day. try the salt and pepper catfish.All the side dishes are fresh. very good food at good prices.

Reviewed August 16, 2017

Absolutely love the fried chicken and country ham. BBQ is good as well. Brunswick Stew is fantastic! The owner and his staff are always very friendly and happy to serve you. They are open 6 days a week, closed on Sundays.

Reviewed August 16, 2017

Great BQ with all of the fixins plus other options in a down home restaurant with great staff.
You will not be disappointed. Go through the line and decide what you want Pay and your order is there almost instantly.

Reviewed August 7, 2017

Excellent food! We will return again. We do recommend Smokey Mountain Barbecue and the food was fresh. Very good service!

Reviewed August 3, 2017

I had just spent a week in a cabin on Ashe County's New River in Glendale Springs, enjoying the kayakers and tubers working their way down the rapids with the rising morning mist. Waking up to 47deg was a nice change from the 90+ deg heat in my hometown Edgewater, FL.
My sister host was driving me around in West Jefferson and I saw the sign for Smokey Mountain Barbecue. Checked it out on Trip Advisor & found pretty good reviews. Was not really hungry so I ordered Brunswick Stew & Hush Puppies to go for less than $8.00.
Back at the cabin I opened the huge container (24oz-32oz) of stew & "chowed down" on the best stew I'D ever tasted!! Hadn't planned to eat any to the 10 or 12 puppies but finished them all after tasting one.
I've probably made over 100 RT between Northern VA & Daytona Beach, FL since 1954. I'd often stopped in Brunswick, GA to get what I thought was the best stew.
Can't wait to return to Ashe County to try the Pork BBQ..... Don't know if its NC style, Memphis style or Kansas City Style but whatever it is I'll bet its really good!!

1  Thank Bill D