“Gone Tubbin”

Foothills Outdoor Adventures
Ranked #6 of 13 things to do in Wilkesboro
More attraction details
Owner description: Yadkin River trips & Kayak Rentals. Guided Fly Fishing and boat tours. Located in Wilkesboro near Boone and Blowing Rock.
Reviewed July 20, 2017 via mobile

Had a great time floating down the river in our TUB! John and his son were fantastic and truly embodied southern hospitality. Definitely recommend!

Date of experience: July 2017
in 4 reviews
"trees"
"foothills"

Reviewed August 15, 2016

Took a family tub float with FOA and met John the owner at his rustic outfitter shop along the highway up to the Tailwater Access to Key Scott Lake/Yadkin River. Beautiful scenery, good current coming off the dam but a lot of trees in the river - be prepared for some paddling to steer around the debris. Short trip is 2-3 hours, longer is 4 hours so bring a cooler to float down with your lunch and beverages (please use cans, don't be those clowns). John and team are super helpful, just realize this is rural NC so don't expect a fancy shuttle and lux equipment, but a solid value for the price.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed August 2, 2016

Although I have my own kayaks, when I drove up to Kerr Scott Lake, I didn't have either with me. All it took was a short visit with the owner of Foothills Outdoor Adventures & I was set to go....delivery to the lake & decent equipment along with affordable pricing! I'll be back!

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank oek9mom
Reviewed July 4, 2016

Worst boat rental experience I've ever had. Classic bait and switch. They show a photo of a newer pontoon boat on their website, but the actual pontoon boat we rented was horrible.

The boat they rented to us was disgusting. The storage bins had never been cleaned out and were filled with dead insects. The engine burned oil and smoked the entire time. There weren't any seats so they put fold-out lawn chairs on the boat and there weren't even enough of those for six people.

Do yourself a favor and rent from the marina. I don't recommend you rent from John and Foothills Outdoor Adventures. Miserable experience that ruined our fourth of July.

Date of experience: July 2016
See more reviews
Reviewed June 27, 2016 via mobile

Nice little operation in the Yadkin River rents tubes, kayaks, canoes and "River tubs." For a reasonable rate, they shuttle you to a drop off point, pick you up at the end of your trip and bring you back to your vehicle. (You can even bring your dog!) We went tubing and were very pleased with the comfort and quality of the tubes. John was very friendly, and we enjoyed talking to him. This stretch of river is clean and deep enough to float continuously without getting stuck. They offer two trip lengths: 2 hours and 4 hours. You can pace yourself and stop along the way, in which case I would recommend the 2-hour trip.

Date of experience: June 2016