See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 29, 2017

I wish I could give this a ZERO. I had originally made a reservation at the "Pet Friendly" Comfort Inn, Williamston, but just before arrival I was told that all the rooms normally designated for pets were no longer available. So we were moved to the disgusting Magnuson (same owner as Comfort Inn), directly across the street. This hotel is BEYOND dilapidated, half of the hotel and most of the rooms are actually closed off, the roof caved in one of the buildings. The room we stayed in was dirty, smelled horribly of smoke (so bad all of our clothes had to be washed because they stunk), and was falling apart. Only two outlets worked so they dangerously jam packed everything into two electrical strips. The sink was clogged, mold on walls and ceiling, lampshades were dented...it seriously looked like something out of a horror movie. I cannot believe they actually rent these rooms. The hotel should be condemned or closed completely until renovated. The good...the staff was kind, especially Tameka who works at the Comfort Inn...she deserves to work in a nice place. The pool itself was okay and clean, even though the furniture around it was dirty and all the paint was peeling off. And surprisingly the air conditioner worked great. My dog ended up with fleas because of this 3 night visit, where we were charged almost $288. We needed to stay one more night but opted to sleep in the car rather than give this place another cent of our money. DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL!! I have no faith in the North Carolina health department or whoever it is who inspects these places and okays them to be rented.

Room tip: Stay away from this hotel
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Marianna M
Reviewed October 5, 2016 via mobile

Went to check in. Hotel was dimly lighted and smelled. Lobby was filthy. Run down. We had reserved on Priceline and just lost our money. I wouldn't allow my dog to stay there let alone my family. Probably the worst hotel I've walked into. There weren't even any cars in the parking lot. It very much needs an overhaul.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank threeplusadog
Reviewed June 12, 2016

What a difference a couple years make. I had to stay here a few years ago and swore I would never return. But I was forced to stay on business and the other properties in town were sold out. Dreading the inevitable I went here - WOW what a difference. Yes, it's an older property and the common issues you find with that, but you can really tell they have started caring about the property and putting some work into it. I found out they have new owners, managers and pretty sure this is an all new staff too. Very much improved.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank lawrence M
Reviewed October 4, 2015 via mobile

The pictures that they have posted on this site are made to lure you in. That this place is really nasty. They painted the front half of the hotel and when you get close you can see how they really did a cheap job painting it, missing a bunch of spots and not even painting some of the adjacent buildings. Once you go inside the lobby it reminds you of a haunted mansion, it's all dim and the restaurant and bar connected to it are closed, something which they have pictures of on their site by the way. Once you get into your room you will notice the tvs are ancient tube tvs that whine when you then them on. I'm surprised they didn't have a vcr attached to them. When you go to shut your door the door has about a 1 inch gap between the floor and the ground so no telling how many bugs shared my room with me. The pool is gross and has a bunch of sand sitting in the bottom of it with a few sun dried chairs that will give you splinters if you sit on them. My advice is to stay away from this place and spend a few more dollars and goto the Hampton or the holiday inn in the next town.

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank AndyT4101AF
Reviewed July 28, 2015

My stay at this Inn was one my worst experiences. I have being staying at this hotel before the name changed and never experienced such bad service. We were not accommodated for what we previously registered for and were not offered any compensation in any way. My room was not cleaned after our first night and there was not enough linen for the pull out sofa bed. I understand they are under new management, but that is no excuse. This Inn needs some serious work. Not sure if I will ever return. The only sunshine was when I checked out and saw a friendly face(Robin)

Room tip: the higher floors are a disaster. most of them need to be maintenance.
Date of stay: July 2015