“Good Southern Food”

Hitchin Post Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Williamston
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 2, 2017

We all had the buffet and my husband, a Georgia boy, loved it. His favorites were the fried trout, fried catfish (a little spicy), the macaroni and cheese, and the green beans. I liked the pulled pork and the ribs and the salad bar. My sister had been there before and liked the fried chicken and pulled pork. She raved over the peach cobbler, which I thought was good, but had seconds on the bread pudding, which may be the best I've ever had. After trying the bread pudding, my sister switched her favorite dessert from peach cobbler. Good price, nice people, very good food. I wish this restaurant was closer to home.

Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

Great service!
Porkchops and sweet potatoes are fabulous!
There was a nice buffet but we ordered from the menu. The food is country "soul" food. The yeast rolls were out of this world. I could have eaten a half dozen by myself.

Reviewed June 15, 2017 via mobile

My brother claims this is the best salad bar in a several county area! Beautiful lettuce, bite-sized toppings & 8 different salad dressings. Lots of other patrons were chowing down on an attractive multi-meat buffet. Solid choice for the price with friendly service.

Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

We stayed over night in Williamstown on our way to the Outer Banks. The hotel suggested this place to eat. It's a southern style buffet. Fried chicken, catfish, chopped pork and assorted vegetables. Great salad bar. We were fed and out quickly.

1  Thank Mary G
Reviewed June 1, 2017

I had lunch with two coworkers and we really enjoyed it. The food from the buffet was very good and the service was great, as well. I recommend this to anyone who likes home-style cooking at a reasonable price.