“What a find”

Hitchin Post Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 29 Restaurants in Williamston
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

Wow! Riding down 17 toward Willamston, NC and spotted this gem and decided to stop. We had the lunch buffet which included popcorn shrimp, deviled crabs, trout, fried chicken, sausage with peppers and onions, cabbage, green beans, salad, and desserts. One of the best lunch buffets I've had in a while. You could also order off their menu which offered even more choices. Everything was well maintained, clean, and seasoned well. My husband and I wish they were closer to us so we could visit often. Very reasonable prices!

Dail R, Owner at Hitchin Post Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Thank you for stopping in! We are glad that you were able to dine with us and enjoyed everything!

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Hitchin Post Restaurant is a nice, cozy place for a meeting if you don't have a large number of people. The staff was exceptionally friendly and the food was delicious especially if you like good old home style cooking.

Reviewed May 23, 2018

In town just for the night for work so I was dining alone. Quaint, comfortable place to eat with a decent sized dining room. Hostess was nice and Waitress was awesome! I wish I had gotten her name, but my glass was always full, and she always was quick to check on me. I had the 8 oz Ribeye with a side salad and loaded mashed potatoes. The steak was cooked perfect to my order, and probably could have used just a tad more salt but it was good enough that I did not need to ask for steak sauce. The loaded mashed potatoes were awesome and I added the fried oysters to my meal which were crisp and fine. Nothing fancy but a good, hearty meal with generous portions. I will come back if I travel back to the area.

1  Thank JohnDoeVirginia
Dail R, Owner at Hitchin Post Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2018

Thanks for your comments.

Reviewed May 10, 2018 via mobile

Very friendly hostess and waitress, for the price the meal was adequate nothing over-the-top. Extensive menu choices were available all very reasonably priced.

Dail R, Owner at Hitchin Post Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2018

We appreciate your business and comments.

Thank you for allowing us to serve you!
Dail

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

My daughter and her grandparent's go here almost every Saturday. Sometime my wife and I will reach along. The food is always good. The wait staff is always nice. The only bad thing is that they never seen to add anything new to the menu and the buffet is pretty basic.