“Top Notch Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express Williamston
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Williamston
Hartford
“Top Notch Holiday Inn Express”
Reviewed 10 September 2011

The hotel is 20 miles outside of Washington, NC in a quiet setting with a top quality Restaurant next door (Ribeyes). The place is clean with a friendly staff and decent continental breakfast in the morning. As a Holiday Inn Platnum member I approve of this property and recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for one of their Jr. Suites
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank steve375
Raye F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamston, responded to this review, 27 January 2012
First, let me thank you for being a Priority Club member! Our members make our hotels #1.
Our upgraded rooms are well worth the small price difference, the Jr. Suite is my favorite room.
We are now officially Holiday Inn Express, so our Priority Club members get your points!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 19 July 2011

First off, I’m not sure what the name of this place is. We booked and paid for a room through Expedia at the Williamston Inn and Suites, however, finding the Williamston Inn and Suites on Yelp isn’t possible. From the address listed, this hotel is the one we stayed at on July 1, 2011.
When we checked in we thought it was a brand new hotel, just opening up. When we talked to the front desk, she told us that it was built in 2002, but was being changed into a Holiday Inn Express. Whatever the name, we don’t care, we were very pleased. Yes, there was construction going on so things were in disarray in the lobby area, but our room was fantastic.
Our room turned out to be a mini suite with a private living area with its own TV and stereo. The bath room was spacious and clean as well as the rest of the room. I don’t know if it was because they were in the middle of updating or if it was just a slow night but we nearly had the entire hotel to ourselves.
All of this and a great price made this stop one of our best on this vacation!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kevin B
Thank you for the great comments. One of the hardest things is keeping the hotel clean and orderly during a large renovation. Aug 2, 2011 is the official opening as the Holiday Inn Express.
Benson NC
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I had an amazing stay. They have really revamped A LOT on this hotel from the last time I stayed. They have great staff that are always really friendly and always try to help no matter what. The hotel is very nice, and nicely layed out. The restaurant in front of it (RIbeyes) is AMAZING! The hotel is in the proccess of converting into a Holiday Inn Express this summer! I will continue to stay at this hotel everytime I come here for a horse show. It is located convienlently accross the street from the agricultural center so I am always just a second away from my horses. Great hotel, great staff, and great service! ( and they have the best pillows ever!)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Sasha714
We are across the street from the Bob Martin Eastern Agriculture Center (horse arena and conference center), and always look forward to the horse shows. I have learned a lot about horses since moving here in April. I always train my staff to make this your home away from home!
Even though we are still an independent hotel, we are renovating to become the Holiday Inn Express.
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 May 2011

I have stayed on two seperate occassions with the same problems. Nice hotel with clean rooms but rude staff and rude owner/manager. No longer affiliated with Fairfield. The only upside is being close to the horse arena. Not worth the time or money!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank obxtraveler9410
I apologize for the issue during your previous stay. I am the new Manager, brought in to specifically change this hotel to Holiday Inn Express. Official opening date Aug 2, 2011. I assure you, if you would give us the opportunity, we would make your next stay truly enjoyable. With extensive renovations, this looks and feels like a completely different hotel. Our staff is now trained to take care of our guests.
Sneads Ferry, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 May 2011

We made reservations for this motel on line and forgot to take our reservation directions with us. We traveled around for over an hour asking various person as to the location to this motel and no one could direct us to the facility. We gave up and stayed at the Hampton Inn it was late and I was tired of looking for this motel. After we returned home I called the front desk and talked to two different persons trying to get our charges reversed due to our inability to find this motel. Both were very pleasant and tried to help us with this dilemma however after numerous contacts with the owner it was finally determined that the owner was very rigid and would not refund our money. Only because of this will we never make reservations or stay at this motel ever again.

Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David49543
I apologize for your frustrations. We used to be the Fairfield Inn, now the Williamston Inn and Suites and we are converting to the Holiday Inn Express Aug 2, 2011. Unfortunately most, if not all hotels have a cancellation policy. The stay was charged as a no-show, we have a 24 hour cancellation policy. I understand the Hotel Owner's policy, even if it is a bit rigid.
Give me a call personally and I will work something out if you would be willing to give us another try. We have renovated and (IMO) we are now the best hotel in the county, if not all of Eastern North Carolina.
north carolina
Reviewed 17 April 2011

Cannot say enough. I have been at the Ag center for last 4 days, long hours, I need a good clean rooms close to the Ag center, this hotel is directly opposite. Cannot go wrong with this place for its sheer quality and convenience

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jenny1970
Nags Head NC
Reviewed 12 April 2011

This hotel is no longer affiliated with Fairfield, the sign out front says it is going to become a Holiday Inn Express, but that sign has been there for a long time. For now, it's independent.

It is a perfectly adequate hotel in the middle of nowhere basically - the main draw for me is it is directly across the road from the Bob Martin Agricultural Center, home of many horse shows throughout the year. If you are showing a horse, you want to be close to the horse center, period, end of story.

There are many other motels of varying quality in Williamston itself as well as a (pricier) Hampton Inn which a lot of people seem to like further out on the highway. Also, for a different experience, there's a B&B northeast of town.

The only reason I go to Williamston is for horse shows, so it's natural I would stay here. If you are just passing thru on way to OBX or other points, it's probably equal to or a little better than, most others in the area.

Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamston
3.8 km away
28.8 km away
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 7 in Washington

Been to Holiday Inn Express Williamston? Share your experiences!