“my search for best pulled pork in NC may be over”

Shaw's Barbecue House
Ranked #5 of 29 Restaurants in Williamston
Price range: US$0 - US$7
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed December 9, 2017

Wonderfully tnder and tasty meat, mildly seasoned, not overwhelmed
fried chicken is pretty good as well
hushpuppies are top of the line
I am allergic to cabbage, but partner insists cole slaw is also first rate
baked beans were average at best

Reviewed December 2, 2017 via mobile

Wonderful breakfast at this restaurant. They even made me a old fashioned biscuit when they were out

Reviewed July 12, 2017

I have been to Shaw's before and it's a great place to stop especially if you are driving through the area and would like to eat great food instead of fast food. The barbecue is my favorite. We bought a jug of their homemade barbecue sauce to take with us!

Reviewed April 26, 2017

Having an intense desire for good Fried Chicken we decided to visit Shaw's to fulfill that craving while visiting in the area. What a huge disappointment! I was so sorry we came here and upset that I wasted my calorie splurge on it. We were there for dinner and the dark meat chicken had obviously been sitting in a warmer pan all day, It was tough without the juicy tender inside and the skin was not crispy. My sides of choice was the green beans and stewed potatoes. They were meh at best. The only really good thing I could say about my whole meal was that the Corn Sticks were outstanding.
Don't think we will be back again after this experience.

Reviewed March 22, 2017 via mobile

I had dinner here with a colleague. Although I have learned not to expect too much from these types of establishments, this place did not meet my already low expectations. I can live with the styrofoam take away dinnerware, the plastic knives and forks if the food is good but my pulled pork was dry and the fried cornbread stick was too greasy. The highlight of my meal was the French fries! The cashier can't count, my meal came up to $10.14 and as i gave her a $20 bill i said i may have some change. Too late, she had already punch it in. So when i gave her a dime and a nickel she looked perplexed and pulled out a calculator to return me my change, wow!