All reviews cooking pots fort fisher full kitchen bed was comfortable market street walmart foyer microwave convenience
Reviewed December 13, 2015

Yes, I realize this is a budget motel, and we are not fussy but other than a spacious room it has little to offer. Breakfast is the most limited we have ever encountered. At 2:00 am the loud banging and shouting started above us and in our halls, unbelievable. When we called the front deck they said for us to give the recently arriving "family" a break as they just checked. Those "kids" really know how to party. Condesending response by staff to a legitimate complaint. I know this sounds extreme but I never stay at an Extended Stay ever again, anywhere.

Room tip: Stay away at any cost...
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Wilmington - New Centre Drive, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2015

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that we failed to meet your expectations. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have used your comments to coach our front desk staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at wil@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed August 11, 2015 via mobile

There are better hotels in Wilmington, but this one is a good deal because it costs a bit less to stay here. The rooms & hallways were clean and the staff was very friendly. The location is central to UNCW and the surrounding businesses. Good choice if you are visiting a student and are bringing your pets (pet friendly hotel)!

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Wilmington - New Centre Drive, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2015

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I’m so pleased to read that you had a great stay at our hotel! I truly appreciate your kind comments regarding our friendly and accommodating staff. I’m thrilled that you found our hotel to be a great value! Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed August 9, 2015 via mobile

My boyfriend and i stayed in room 317. A weekend trip. When we first walked in we loved the room. It had a quick kitchen. Stove. Full size fridge. When we left our first day. We did like any normal traveler would. Took a shower in the morning, left towels on floor, left in a hurry so we didn't make the bed etc. At the end of day we came back to the same "mess." Apparently they don't clean your room unless you stay for at least 7 days. As for bringing fresh towels, you are better bringing some from home. You keep the ones you have until your are done unless you bag them and trade them in. Not worth it. I, however, did like the kitchenette. It is great if you plan on staying a while. Close to market st and food.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon J
Reviewed July 28, 2015

I used Priceline's Name your own price tool to book this hotel. Instead of my usual Comfort Suites rooms I get on business trips, I opted to go for Priceline to maybe get something swanky and close to the beach. I put in a $100 limit per night for three nights.

What do I get?
This freaking place. Advertised for $67 a night. I could have stayed across the street for $87 a night and been much happier.

Lets start with the "free breakfast". Hope you like granola bars because that's all you get.

Housekeeping? Nah, not unless you stay multiple weeks.

WiFi? You can afford an extra $10 a day, right?

Odor...you better just breathe out your mouth. Oh and wear earplugs. The long-term "guests" here are LOUD.

Not only that, but staff was unwilling to let me cancel my reservation, check out early, or even pay with a different card. Upon hearing of all my complaints they wouldn't even give a partial refund. So I ended up spending $100 a night plus taxes and fees for three nights here. What a joke.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Wilmington - New Centre Drive, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I sincerely apologize that our amenities were not to your expectations. To uphold our company’s high standards, I will be working with our front desk staff to make sure we are clearly communicating our amenities during guest arrivals. Additionally, we will work to make sure we are thoroughly inspecting our rooms and enforcing our quiet hours to ensure that each guest has a comfortable stay. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at wil2@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed July 12, 2015

The driveway into the hotel is hard to see, as the 'entrance' sign is too far back from the street and hidden by landscape. The staff was friendly. To start our weekend, we get to our door, couldn’t get in. Had to go back to the front desk with our things. The front staff had to take the machine to our door to reset our cards to let us in. Once we get into our room, we noticed, the smoke detector was just dangling from the ceiling. The kitchen was not adequately equipped and we couldn't have cooked anything with no utensils, etc. Kitchen was not stocked, we had to ask for several items just to cook. Thank God we took our own paper plates, cups, paper towels, pot, pan, utensils, etc. The sink didn’t have a stopper to even wash a dish. Bed was average for comfort but the blanket had cigarette holes and stains. The stairwells have an odor that I cant even describe.

To top off the end of the stay, the room had a ton on knats by the window which were in the room. My boyfriend and I had to kill a ton of them crawling on the stove, refrigerator and even on our pillow. We will not be staying here again. Big mistake.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Wilmington - New Centre Drive, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2015

I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, and in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving this goal. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate. Thank you for your feedback. We hope you will provide us another opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the future.