“B BBQ BB!!!”
Review of Bone & Bean

Bone & Bean
Ranked #142 of 732 Restaurants in Wilmington
Price range: US$9 - US$23
Description: Welcome to Bone & Bean BBQ! We are pleased to offer Texas style BBQ, homemade sides from mac and cheese to bacon wrapped cabbage and desserts. We are family owned and operated (the owner really is from Texas). Take some time and come in and see us, we don't disappoint!
Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

Best BarBeQue in all of wilmington is Bone & Bean on Carolina Beach Road near Raleigh Street!

The ribs are thick and juicy and i guess just amazing, and the sampler platter, which includes all kinds of amazing meats, was too much for three of us to eat.

Side dishes are perfect with the bacon mac & cheese, and the cole slaw, really standing out.

The decor is not great but who cares...the food is the star of the show at Bone & Bean!

It is closed for renovations until december 1st so maybe the ambiance will soon match the eats but I seriously doubt anything can beat the tastes that await anyone who goes there.

Reviewed November 4, 2017

This is close to the office and a great lunch stop. Service is great, quick. The food is excellent. I would recommend them to anyone who likes this type of food.

Reviewed August 21, 2017

Stopped to eat here around 5:30 on a Friday night. No waiting. Staff were friendly. Our server, Ginger, was efficient. Hubby wanted ribs, but alas, none were ready so he ordered the Sausage Platter for $12.95. He said the sausage was bland and wished it had a more smoked flavor. I ordered the Brisket Platter for $14.95. Good flavor but very fatty. We both LOVED the mac & cheese - with bacon! I had the bacon wrapped cabbage. It was huge, very over cooked, with one little piece of bacon sitting underneath the wedge of cabbage and lots of pepper on top. Flavor was nice but definitely needed some butter to add moisture. BTW - no real butter - only margarine - we asked. Hubby had the potato salad and he did not care for the flavor - said it was way too sweet for him. Very dry cornbread was also served. Needed lots of butter (which they don't use). So, we went there based on Trip Advisor reviews. Give it a try. It wasn't bad - just wan't fantastic.

Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

I love this place. They have the best Texas style BBQ. The bacon wrapped cabbage and the pinto beans were amazing. Prices are great staff is great. Can't go wrong with this one!

Reviewed August 3, 2017

My biggest gripe about BBQ places in NC and SC is that they almost exclusively only sell pulled pork. You might find ribs, but brisket and sausage are basically unheard of. I long for the days when I would be on business in Texas and stop at a BBQ place with amazing ribs, sausage and brisket. So, when someone recommended Bone & Bean I knew I had to try it and I am glad I did. They offer pulled pork, ribs, brisket, sausage, and chicken - finally!

My wife and I came for lunch on a weekday. She had the brisket sandwich and I had a combo platter with brisket and sausage. We both found the brisket (1/4 lb on each) to be moist, very tender and flavorful. My platter came with two large sausages that were tasty as well. My wife loved the potato salad side, while I had the pinto beans and their unusual smoke wedge of cabbage wrapped in bacon. It was very different, something I'd never heard of before.

Our waitress was friendly and efficient and treated us very nicely.

My one gripe is that I wish they had more flexibility with their combos. For instance, you cannot get a ribs and brisket combo. We will return, because the food is very good and I want to try their ribs. My other gripe (not their fault) is that it is so far away. We drove over 50 miles to eat here. So unfortunately, the only time we will come again is when we go to Wilmington for other reasons. My loss.