“Great Staff and a Great Room!”

Hilton Wilmington Riverside
Ranked #20 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed at the Hilton in Wilmington, room 712, this past week and I can't say anything bad about it. The first night I stayed, I encountered a glitch in my booking as soon as I checked in. Thankfully, Erica Murrill at the front desk was there. She was so understanding and helped me until the issue was resolved. It was really nerve wracking for me and Erica was like, no pressure. I can't say enough about how much that meant to me! There was also the little things that I thought were great, like the in room coffee. I'm a coffee drinker day or night and I didn't have to leave my room, it was always there and the staff was always willing to give me more. I will definitely stay there again! Thank you Erica and Hilton Staff!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
WilmingtonHiltonGirl, Director of Sales at Hilton Wilmington Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

What a great review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and posted your feedback.
I will pass on your positive comments onto Erica.
We appreciate your business and hope you return to see us soon!

Reviewed 22 March 2012

I stayed here while attending a conference that was being held at this hotel. I had wonderful service. The bellmen were wonderful and very attentive. We especially loved Daniel. The front desk staff was very helpful, and did a good job responding to anything requested of them.
The room was clean as far as I could tell. No bad odors, and the bathroom was clean. The carpet in the hallway was very ugly...and apparently new. I really can't figure out what they were thinking when they had it installed. The carpet in the room was not as bad, but I really think they could have done better with it as well.

The conference seemed to go well, and I have no complaints there, but I was not the person who had to work with the hotel staff to get things arranged.

The one suggestion I would make (besides the replacing the carpeting) is that they should have made their recycle trash cans more accessible t guests. I saw a worker rolling a couple of recycle trash cans through the hotel on the last day of the conference, and remarked about that I did not know they recycled. He replied "We sure do". The trouble is there were no recycle trash cans available to guests, and we were drinking bottled sodas and water all week. :-( I did eventually find a recycle trash can in the business center.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent stay.

We are glad you enjoyed your conference.
I appreciate the suggestion for the recycle bins in the meeting space. We do have several rooms where the bins are permanently set, however we do have space that could use some mobile bins.

We hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

Room 740, 3.20.12 Room smelled of perfume, sheets and pillows smelled of same, ironing board broken, hairs in tub and on floor. Lamp shade broken. On arrival (10 p.m. tuesday night), no valet, no bellman. Drove through broken gates to back of hotel and carried my own bags around parking lot and up ramp. Greeted by young woman at front desk who told me I would have to take a parking tag to my car in back, or else! They would clamp and tow it. Informed this young lady to find a bellman, or do it herself. This place needs a cleaning, a redo and staff retraining, or just take the Hilton Sign down and re-flag it, this place is no where near a real Hilton.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hampton, its cheaper and cleaner.
4  Thank matthewhudson1
WilmingtonHiltonGirl, Director of Sales at Hilton Wilmington Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Thank you for your recent stay. I was surprised at the experience you had and I apologize for your room. We have an outstanding housekeeping department so I am disappointed to hear that the room was not up to our high standards.

I have forwarded your feedback to the appropriate departments and I sincerely hope you will return to discover that this is not a typical stay for guests. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Not sure why and not sure how we wound up in a handicap room when we booked the room months in advanced. Upon entering the room and turning on the bathroom light a bug came out of the shadows and scampered away. Room was clean somewhat, but the bathroom was dirty.
The handicap room was next to the elevator and every time the elevator stopped on the floor the bell would go off. I woke up in the middle of the night thinking I won something.
The bed was torturous. We both have healthy backs, but waking up with back pain was not something I wanted to experience on vacation.
Location was great, staff was friendly, but we could not wait to check out.

Room Tip: make sure you do not get the handicap room
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J P F

Thank you for your business and feedback. I apologize you had a bad trip. We do all we can to ensure a great guest experience and I am disappointed to hear we did not deliver that for you.

It looks like you stayed in February, so I do want to let you know in the past few weeks we have replaced all of the bedding in the hotel to Hilton's standard Serta bed package. I hope you will return soon to try it out..

Reviewed 16 March 2012

No problems here. Nice room, clean, great view. I would request a room on the river side of the hotel, otherwise you are looking over the city. Fitness center clean and operational. Ruth's Chris in the lobby of the hotel, only ate dessert but it appears to be up to standard. Would stay here again!

Stayed: February 2012

Thank you for your recent stay and great review. We hope you enjoyed it and we are looking forward to your return!

Reviewed 29 February 2012

Not only did I have a large fundraiser at the Hilton in 2011 (and will continue to have for years to come), I also visit almost weekly to have lunch at Innovations. The Hilton staff are awesome, from Sales, to Hotel, to the best wait staff in Wilmington. The daily buffet at Innovations is out of this world and changes daily. Again, I can't say enough about the Restaurant staff. I enjoy bringing clients, friends and family there for lunch. My husband and I also enjoy having dinner at Ruth Chris and again the service is wonderful.... And I have spent nights at the hotel, and wonderful views, great staff...... Keep up the great job! Tricia

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My wife and I spent the weekend in historic Wilmington and this was a great place to stay. Location can't be beat, right downtown on the river. It's close to everything. The staff was fabulous. We valeted the car when we arrived and didn't get it again til it was time to go home. When we return to Wilmington we will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: Book a riverview.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ryan7515
WilmingtonHiltonGirl, Director of Sales at Hilton Wilmington Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review.
We are thrilled you and your wife had such a good time.

We think you should come back this weekend...It is going to be 70 and Sunny :)!